Snow Equipment Owning/Operating blowerspeed

/ blowerspeed #1  

benben

Tractor
Kubota B7001hst
hello I have a Kubota B7001 hst with the Kubota Blower on.My first try with the snow was verry good going,the blower was runing on 540rpm.Now my question if I go to 800rpm(the second pto speed) my Tractor wil breake or I break the Blower?I have read with the tiller I can make the 2.run in the 2 pto speed.

tx a lot

/ blowerspeed #2  
Welcome to the forum. The gear boxes on the blowers aren't designed to run past the rated speed of 540rpm.

/ blowerspeed #3  
:welcome:

/ blowerspeed #4  
Bienvenu! Is it a front or rear blower. Not familiar with the B7001.

/ blowerspeed
hi Henri
thanks for asking.it is the rear blower and for the tiller it was written 2.triling light sand 800rpm.I was wondering for light snow it is maybe the same.
I like N.B we go theire at least 1 a year.

have a nice merry christmas for you and your familie from the havy snowing Quebec (25 centimeter right now and 20 more on the way +1 celsius

if you like answer me on
pitstopwafi@yahoo.com

/ blowerspeed #6  
hi Henri
thanks for asking.it is the rear blower and for the tiller it was written 2.triling light sand 800rpm.I was wondering for light snow it is maybe the same.
I like N.B we go theire at least 1 a year.

have a nice merry christmas for you and your familie from the havy snowing Quebec (25 centimeter right now and 20 more on the way +1 celsius

if you like answer me on
pitstopwafi@yahoo.com

Just to clarify this, we know that 540 is your pto speed, is 800 rpm your pto or your engine speed? Are you saying that you can get 540 pto at 800 engine rpm. I suspect that it is your engine since most rear driven attachment runs on 540 pto rpm. If it is 800 pto rpm it would be to fast for the blower in my opinion. Either way I would stick with the 540 and not put unnecessary strain on the pto or engine if it is only running at 800 rpm. I also have a tiller an it takes less hp to operate than the blower. Oh, and by the way, that snow storm is coming right this way. :licking:

/ blowerspeed #7  
Well, after doing some research on the B7001, you do have as you have mention a 540 and 860 pto rpm. Learn something every day. So in my opinion unless your blower say otherwise, I would think yours is rated at 540. I would stick with 540 pto since it says 13 hp at pto, not a whole lot. jmo. I would suggest that you ask the same question on the Kubota forum. I'm sure you would get advice from someone that is more familiar with your tractor. I assume you are probably out blowing snow right now. You guys are really getting it. :cool2:

/ blowerspeed #8  
Hello BENBEN, I also am in La Belle Province, Ste Adele area;
Bienvenu a TBN!

My Mitsubishi is rated at 19-20 HP with naturally less at PTO.
Using 540 RPM the 60" blower barely spits the snow further than I could shovel it.
Blower is 3 bladed about 18" fan with the gearbox at the end of the PTO shaft with the augers being left and right of the gear box.
I have run it at my mid speed PTO (about 750 or 800 RPM) for the last 4 years or so without any ill effects.
In really heavy wet snow I use the 540 speed.

/ blowerspeed #9  
Hi,

I have a 73" Allied/Farm King blower that is rated at 540 rpm. I have both 540 and 720 rpm on my pto and I have used both speeds without any problems.
I am sure if the blower is running true with no unusual vibrations or noise at 540, it will probly run just fine at 800rpm. Try it out and you will soon find out whether or not it will work. Make sure everything is lubed (shaft bearings, chain and gearbox oil level correct).
HTH

/ blowerspeed #10  
Info I found; Mitsubishi MT180, engine 18.5 hp, pto 15.5 hp. Would that sound right. Au plaisir!