Tires for a quad

/ Tires for a quad #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
I don't want to get into brand bashing, just needing solid advice. I bought a used Polaris 500. Nice ride, nothing special. I use it on 40 acres that are hilly and muddy at times. I drive it on my gravel road. Outside of the need for traction on slippery mud, I think regular tires would be fine and I would not post this questions.

So what do you guys look for in all around tires. I understand tractor tires, but the quad tire designs kinda look llike snake oil to me. Anyone have a particular all around brand they like?

/ Tires for a quad #2  
I go to the dealer. I tell him don't bs me, I want the next set of OE take off's you have - cheap that are the right size for my atv. I will also let you service it whatever while it's in there, I know you gotta eat too.

Has worked every time for me. I get brand new tires at a deal. They come off of the machines they sell to the 20 year olds who have them put the super mudder cool brand to have tire for their crowd on a brand new machine.

/ Tires for a quad #3  
Good advice from < dusty3030...........I bought four new tires and rims for $150.00 from a Rhino the dealer had upgraded to fancy rims and tires..

/ Tires for a quad #5  
I run Kenda Bearclaws on mine. Cheap, lots of plys so they are puncture resistant, and they have a nice, long wearing agressive tread.

/ Tires for a quad #6  
I have a Brute Force 750. I put run flat Bar type tires on mine. It is used for playing,not working but the Run flat option has come in handy more than once

/ Tires for a quad #7  
Maxxis Big Horns. They run about $400 a set but will be the last tires required on most ATVs.
I've seen them last 8k miles and still have 25% of tread left.

/ Tires for a quad #8  
I have two sets of tire rim take offs somewhere in my barn or garage, one set about four years old but not much wear and one set like new; Rhino and Grizzly. I got tired of getting stuck in the mud and snow, so I put Maxxis Big Horn Originals with ITP wheels to increase width for stability.

There are a lot of good brands out there, I just like the Big Horns for an all around tire that is not too extreme, for deep mud, a true mud tire will work better but tend to wear a little quicker and can tear the ground up a bit.

I AM NOT an expert on this, I just checked with a LOT of riders and went with their advice.

/ Tires for a quad #9  
Maxxis Big Horn radials are one of the better ones out there in my opinion go good in mud and snow never had a flat( hundreds of miles). Very smooth because they are radials. Currently on a 700 Grizzly with power steering

/ Tires for a quad #10  
I only have experience with two types of ATV tires. The OEM Bridgestone Dirt Hooks on our Rancher and the OEM Polaris PXT tires on our 800 Sportsman. I think the Polaris PXT tires are a lot better tires than the Bridgestone Dirt Hooks. I have read a lot of excellent reviews on Maxxis Big Horn tires. I think that they would be a good choice.