Comparison John Deere / Massey Ferguson

/ John Deere / Massey Ferguson #1  

jbgood

Tractor
2013 JD X738
What by Massey Ferguson is comarable to John Deere X728 soon to be X738 ? I'm set to buy a 2013 X728 2013 with Cab, mower deck, snow blower and blade.
Have looked at Kubota and not in favor them. What is Massey's price compairison to JD ?

Last edited:
   / John Deere / Massey Ferguson #2  
The Massey that is about the same size as the Deere would be the Gc series. There is many members on here with them who are very satisfied.

/ John Deere / Massey Ferguson #3  
Like Mike said the GC Massey would be closest to a X700 Deere but the GC is more comparable to a 1 series Deere. What Kubota did you look at, a BX or a the GR or T series? Yanmar also makes a subcompact tractor.

/ John Deere / Massey Ferguson
It was about this time last year I started looking at the BX KUBOTAS. Then I had a stroke May 2nd 2012, my bending over, up and off my knees and use of my left arm are limited. The new JD 738 is said to have the drive over mower and a easier attachment of the blower. I'm kind of in favor about the JD's history/service and the Kubota dealer nearby is fairly new (will they be there when I need them).
I priced out a x728 last year with the Acc. I listed, Plus a few more. It came out to about 16k. I recently started checking into the Massey line up and wanted to see what was comparable in size and cost. I also want to avoid anything belt driven.

/ John Deere / Massey Ferguson #5  
I'm not that crazy about the JD auto connect deck but it does sound like it would be good for you to have. Have you also looked at the 1 series JD?

/ John Deere / Massey Ferguson
No not yet but I will check into it, Thanks.

/ John Deere / Massey Ferguson #7  
I agree that you should look at the JD with the autoconnect also.