Some end of the year snow blowing video with my loader mounted hydraulic blower

/ Some end of the year snow blowing video with my loader mounted hydraulic blower #1  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
well, i wanted to get some new video, and was hoping to after the storm yesterday. but the promised 8+ inches turned out to be between 3-4 actual inches of snow.

I took some video anyways...for what its worth. i spliced in a vid of last year blowing thru 8-10" snow in the beginning 30 seconds of the video.

Its pretty hard to run a tractor and a video camera at the same time, so quality is soso.

anyways, here goes.

also, next time ill remember to charge the batteries hehe. ran out at the wrong time.

Anyways...Merry Christmas everyone.....

Snowblowing with loader mounted quick-attach blower on Dec 24 2012 - YouTube

/ Some end of the year snow blowing video with my loader mounted hydraulic blower #2  
Nice set up in that cushy cab. How do those blowers work hydraulically? A independant hydraulic pump that mounts on the PTO, or (continuous flow) hose connections to the tractor? Are chute rotate and spout "cap" adjustment hydraulic too? How are they connected/valved?

/ Some end of the year snow blowing video with my loader mounted hydraulic blower #3  
VERY NICE set up.:thumbsup: Having the cab unit makes a HUGE difference nothing like a little heat a long with the music while your working.:D I see your in ID I lived just south of Sandpoint at that time an open seat is what I had.....ugh!

/ Some end of the year snow blowing video with my loader mounted hydraulic blower #4  
I like it!

/ Some end of the year snow blowing video with my loader mounted hydraulic blower
Nice set up in that cushy cab. How do those blowers work hydraulically? A independant hydraulic pump that mounts on the PTO, or (continuous flow) hose connections to the tractor? Are chute rotate and spout "cap" adjustment hydraulic too? How are they connected/valved?

it has a set of 1" hoses that go to a rear mounted hydraulic reservoir (25 gallon) and a 3000 PSI , 15 GPM pto powered pump.

All i do is flip the rocker switch that engages my pto, and im blowing snow.

The chute rotation and spout are controlled by a set of switches that hook onto the bucket joystick. They are an electric over hydraulic control system that came with the blower. By pressing one button, the electric solenoid opens and allows hydraulic fluid to move the cylinder.

here are a few pics

oh...and the best part.

NO SHEAR PINS....NONE

Attachments

• rotator .jpg
    rotator .jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 397
  • powerpack 1.jpg
    powerpack 1.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 423
  • blower control 3.jpg
    blower control 3.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 353
  • side view blower and bracket 1.jpg
    side view blower and bracket 1.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 513
  • good controller view.jpg
    good controller view.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 364
   / Some end of the year snow blowing video with my loader mounted hydraulic blower #6  
That is pretty sweet. However I'm glad I don't have to fool with blowing snow. :)

/ Some end of the year snow blowing video with my loader mounted hydraulic blower #7  
Glad you put that picture of the FEL joystick attachment. Now I understand "The chute rotation and spout are controlled by a set of switches that hook onto the bucket joystick. They are an electric over hydraulic control system that came with the blower." Sweet setup, the hydro unit probably provides a bit o'ballast.

/ Some end of the year snow blowing video with my loader mounted hydraulic blower #8  
I'd have to have a four inch square tube bumper protecting that reservoir tank or I'd back into something and hole it for sure. Very nice set up. What do they list for if we might ask?.

/ Some end of the year snow blowing video with my loader mounted hydraulic blower #9  
What are we talking price?

/ Some end of the year snow blowing video with my loader mounted hydraulic blower
I paid a little over $10,000 for the complete setup. Before i got it, i was looking at some real nice Provonost (sp) rear pull and back up style snowblowers that were in the $5,000 + range. so this set up cost me about 2x as much.

But my neck issues and 14 years of driving backwards won out the debate on what to get.