Tripped over trailer tongue.

/ Tripped over trailer tongue. #1  

etcallhome

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1026R
Sat evening had hooked up car trailer to tractor to do Christmas luminary . Just started to walk around my tractor cart that had the sand loaded on foot caught the tongue of cart and down I went . Landed on both knees , more on left knee than the right, plus on concrete, and instead of going clear to the floor with upper body ,right elbow landed on my BIL 200,000 btu torpedo heater, it was not running at time of fall. . Knee all swollen ,black and blue ,grove in middle of knee cap. Elbow about 2 times larger than normal. This morning decided I better find a doctor before lunch being Christmas eve. Went to the Orthopedics office first thing only to find they were closed , headed on to the Emg room. 3-4 hrs later and 9 xrays, no broken bones. One good thing , I think, knowing from past injuries takes a long time to heal. He did suggest taking some pain medicine. That is helping plus icing both about every 2-3 hrs. So setting here doing as little as possible ,till the end of next week and maybe longer. /what a pain HO HO HO.

/ Tripped over trailer tongue. #3  
Ouch!!! I'm sure that felt real good! I hope that it won't detract from your holidays too much!

Last edited:
   / Tripped over trailer tongue. #5  
When we were young whipper snappers after fall as such,we jump right up and continue on.
Strange how older we get the more time to heal.
Take it easy..speedy recovery.

/ Tripped over trailer tongue. #6  
Us old gezzers never die. We just fall apart.:D Hope your mending goes well. Getting back on that tractor is the best cure.

/ Tripped over trailer tongue. #7  
I broke my ankle 2 years ago, it is still swollen a bit, the docs tell me that it may never be 100%. As we get older, we need to be more careful.

/ Tripped over trailer tongue. #8  
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

/ Tripped over trailer tongue. #9  
Hey we all have done something similar and maybe learned from our mistakes, hope you feel better fast. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
DevilDog

/ Tripped over trailer tongue. #10  
My father tripped over a tongue and fell breaking his collar bone, hit his head and suffered a stroke that took his life the next day. Count yourself lucky.