Another weird tricylcle question

/ Another weird tricylcle question #1  

autotech

Given that there are definite advantages of the wide front end over the tricycle, and that the tricycle had some advantages over the wide (mostly turning radius and cost as near as I can tell), is there any situation where you would consider converting an older tractor BACK to a tricycle front end?

Other than restoration, I can't imagine that there is, but then again I'm no expert either.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gregg

/ Another weird tricylcle question #2  
I changed my 200 back because, in my opinion, it looked better and turned easier. No power steering on that beast. Plus, the wide front end had been broken and welded before i got it. It pulled hard to the left. With a narrow front end, you really don't NEED power steering. I put wheel weights on the front wheels, moved the back wheels out to their furthest position and put a double stack of weights on those. I use it quite a bit in the woods and on slopes. It is very sure footed. You just need to be careful. I wouldn't use a NFE with a loader or saddle tanks or anything that would make it top heavy.

/ Another weird tricylcle question #3  
The tricycles had special implements and were used for row crop type work.

Egon

/ Another weird tricylcle question
IHCrules - actually those are some of the reasons I'm asking. I'm looking at an old M/F with a wide front end, but the axle has been repaired, and I don't think it has power steering. Since my land is all pretty flat, and I have no intention of putting a loader or such on it, I was wondering if it was possible to switch it back.

I think they look better too.

Anybody got any idea how hard of a project that might be on a M/F model 65, or where to find parts...?

Gregg

/ Another weird tricylcle question #5  
Try www.valu-bilt.com

My WFE and NFE are interchangeable. I can do it by myself with a bottle jack and a 1/2" drive socket set in under 30 minutes. My 200 was built back when all you needed was a bent flathead screwdriver and a rusty crescent wrench. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif