snow plows

/ snow plows #1  

mazy

Tractor
Kubota L5740
I am a new user and looking for feedback on snow plows for a 59 horsepower Kubota tractor. I have a loader with quick attach mount for various implements and wondering how the snow plow implement works? I have read/heard that the torque of plowing snow can bend the loader arms. If true, is there any way to stabilize arms to absorb the extra torque when plowing? I am considering a frame mount plow and just removing the loader during snow season, but recognizing I use the loader frequently year round and don't like the thought taking it on and off for the frame mount plow to fit. Any thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated.

/ snow plows #2  
I am a new user and looking for feedback on snow plows for a 59 horsepower Kubota tractor. I have a loader with quick attach mount for various implements and wondering how the snow plow implement works? I have read/heard that the torque of plowing snow can bend the loader arms. If true, is there any way to stabilize arms to absorb the extra torque when plowing? I am considering a frame mount plow and just removing the loader during snow season, but recognizing I use the loader frequently year round and don't like the thought taking it on and off for the frame mount plow to fit. Any thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated.

Ive only used my QA style plow for 2 seasons, but i continually hear this rumor about bent arms....but ive never actually read a post from anyone with a bent arm.

Loader style plows have been around here in north idaho for many years, are extremely popular, and as long as they have the spring activated breakaway...i really dont see any issues with them.

shoot, there are people that are afraid to dig a hole with their loader. A loader on a tractor as large as yours should never have any issues.

/ snow plows #4  
I run plow on my loader over 15 years never had problem.
Reasonable travel speed,plow shoes,plow trip springs.

Seen couple operator over the years try move frozen bank etc.,than they blame it on the loader arm failure. :(

/ snow plows
Thanks for the feedback. I can't believe it's taken me this long to find this site. What better way to screen for new tractor implements than communicating with other people who have been using them for years. I take comfort in getting advice on snow plows from individuals who plow snow in northern Idaho and New Hampshire! I have a feeling I am going to become a regular "threader" on this sight. Thanks again for help.

/ snow plows #7  
I had a six ft.sub-frame mounted snow plow on my previous tractor.Currently have a FEL mounted 8ft. on a larger tractor.
Although stronger a sub-frame mounted has limited lift,maybe 18 inches or so.With a Fel mounted I can bank up to nine ft.
Also with a SSQA I can have my bucket on in minutes if needed.

/ snow plows #8  
"With a Fel mounted I can bank up to nine ft."

Yep some mighty tall snow piles,less chance getting belly hung.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 340
   / snow plows #9  
:welcome: