Will a kioti ck35 handle a frontier 1084r finish mower?

/ Will a kioti ck35 handle a frontier 1084r finish mower? #1  

Illini22

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti dk40 hst, wright stander zero turn
The seller said it is actually a woods but the picture says frontier. He is selling his tractor and he will sell mower seperatly. He has a 45hp tractor.
From the picture it looks like its in pretty good shape. He said its an "05" or 06.

/ Will a kioti ck35 handle a frontier 1084r finish mower? #2  
As long as your just trimming grass, I would say yea. Usually you want 5 PTO HP per blade foot.

/ Will a kioti ck35 handle a frontier 1084r finish mower?
Murph, I have heard that before. I probably would be better off with a 72" . He would like to get $700 for it, at that price (maybe cheaper) I think I need to jump on it. Just from doing a search here, they seem to be going for at least double that.

/ Will a kioti ck35 handle a frontier 1084r finish mower? #4  
Murph, I have heard that before. I probably would be better off with a 72" . He would like to get $700 for it, at that price (maybe cheaper) I think I need to jump on it. Just from doing a search here, they seem to be going for at least double that.

That is a great price, I would go for it. offer 500.00?

Going to look at it tomorrow!

/ Will a kioti ck35 handle a frontier 1084r finish mower? #6  
It should run it fine.
My older model DK 35 is 34 HP, 28.3 PTO HP.
I finish mow with an 84" rear discharge mower. Tractor handles/runs it No problem

Well, I drove a little over 2 hours and picked up the mower. No surprises and is in very good shape. The seller also has a beautiful bobcat ct 445 with a cab, air and many other options. It has a little over 100 hours. I think he wants in the low 20's for it, it's VERY NICE.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    946.2 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    793.4 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    687 KB · Views: 122
   / Will a kioti ck35 handle a frontier 1084r finish mower? #8  
The seller said it is actually a woods but the picture says frontier. He is selling his tractor and he will sell mower seperatly. He has a 45hp tractor.
From the picture it looks like its in pretty good shape. He said its an "05" or 06.

Deere/Frontier markets the mower, but they're manufactured by both Woods and Befco. My 72" RFM is a Woods built Frontier.

Finish mowers don't necessarily need 5 PTO HP for foot of width (that's more or less a rule of thumb for brush cutters). Personally, I'd want about 27 or 28 PTO HP, but I think you could get buy with a bit less PTO HP..
I hope you have adequate front ballast...and the room to store that mower. It's huge and heavy.

Roy, yes it has a large footprint. Although it doesn't look oversized when looking at it behind the tractor. I believe my hp. Is 27-28. And It will be under a roof.

/ Will a kioti ck35 handle a frontier 1084r finish mower? #10  
I'm running a 72" Land pride mower behind a Case DX33. On hills, the mower will pull the back end of the tractor around so you've got to be paying attention. Have mowed some think and tall grass with it and never ran into horsepower problems. I'm sure a extra foot on fairly well maintained grass won't be a problem.