Do Tractor Dealers give incentives on last years models?

/ Do Tractor Dealers give incentives on last years models? #1  

Kenn1320

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS2030H
Well Ive made it this far without foolishly just buying this or that tractor and along the way my likes have changed considerably. Its Dec 31 and Im planning to go to my first dealer today (if they are open). When do the 2013 models show up(or have they already?) and do dealers have incentive plans for the 2012 models? Im currently leaning hard towards the LS J2030H and right now their "deal" is a free loader program that ends today. Is there any rush to buy today, or can I expect to see a better deal in the next week or two?
thanks,
Ken
ps Ill be out shoveling the 100yd gravel driveway by hand "again", getting hard not to pull the trigger on a tractor. :laughing:

/ Do Tractor Dealers give incentives on last years models? #2  
With the economy in the tank I would expect to see some deals offered or extended through the next quarter. Who knows, you may find something you like today. Happy New Year.

/ Do Tractor Dealers give incentives on last years models? #3  
oh contraire, tractor sales have been pretty healthy... no tank in this business.

there is no such thing as 2012/2013 in this business.the "Year" of a tractor is considered the time it was sold. When looking at trade values, a 2011 with 500 hours is worth less than a 2005 with 50 hours. Year is just not a thing for us.

/ Do Tractor Dealers give incentives on last years models?
oh contraire, tractor sales have been pretty healthy... no tank in this business.

there is no such thing as 2012/2013 in this business.the "Year" of a tractor is considered the time it was sold. When looking at trade values, a 2011 with 500 hours is worth less than a 2005 with 50 hours. Year is just not a thing for us.

Yeah I just got back from the dealer, same thing he said. He also said Kubota does theirs a bit different, you dont even know what year the tractor is. You can get an idea based on where it falls in a series of numbers, but you dont know when it was built.

/ Do Tractor Dealers give incentives on last years models? #5  
About all you can go by is if a new model like the L60 Series is introduced, but you still only have a general idea of when it was made and as mention it really makes no difference. The only difference I found was when I bought a tractor on the lot before the price increase on a new shipment hit.

/ Do Tractor Dealers give incentives on last years models? #6  
also on new tractors for 2013 the tier 4 emissions are going to raise the prices

/ Do Tractor Dealers give incentives on last years models? #7  
Well Ive made it this far without foolishly just buying this or that tractor and along the way my likes have changed considerably. Its Dec 31 and Im planning to go to my first dealer today (if they are open). When do the 2013 models show up(or have they already?) and do dealers have incentive plans for the 2012 models? Im currently leaning hard towards the LS J2030H and right now their "deal" is a free loader program that ends today. Is there any rush to buy today, or can I expect to see a better deal in the next week or two?
thanks,
Ken
ps Ill be out shoveling the 100yd gravel driveway by hand "again", getting hard not to pull the trigger on a tractor. :laughing:

Not much if anything will be going on sale 2013 . Ag type sales continue to be brisk. Ken Sweet

/ Do Tractor Dealers give incentives on last years models? #8  
I signed papers on an LS R4047H on Sat, and the dealer said the LS rep promised him that the incentive programs will be renewed pretty much the same for the first quarter of 2013. With that said, they're buying all the current models they can, because the 2013 Tier 4 emissions standards are going to cause something like a 10% price increase. He to,d me they were trying to buy an entire year's worth of inventory because of this!

/ Do Tractor Dealers give incentives on last years models? #9  
I signed papers on an LS R4047H on Sat, and the dealer said the LS rep promised him that the incentive programs will be renewed pretty much the same for the first quarter of 2013. With that said, they're buying all the current models they can, because the 2013 Tier 4 emissions standards are going to cause something like a 10% price increase. He to,d me they were trying to buy an entire year's worth of inventory because of this!

Congrats on joining the LS mafia.....

your going to love that tractor g-man

/ Do Tractor Dealers give incentives on last years models? #10  
Yeah I just got back from the dealer, same thing he said. He also said Kubota does theirs a bit different, you dont even know what year the tractor is. You can get an idea based on where it falls in a series of numbers, but you dont know when it was built.
And you brought a tractor home with you so you can post pics for us right?:)