Ready to buy 1648 or 1652

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #1  

gharms

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1648 12x12PS
Finally I am ready to pull the trigger on buying a MF tractor. I have seen enough of this winter to know that a snow blower is needed, as the neighbor had major problems keeping my driveway free, not knowing where to put the snow. In short, he failed at that, leaving us with a major snow drift. Poor guy felt really bad, but I did not need to go to work that day anyways.

Originally I was looking into the MF 1643, but converted to either the 1648 or 1652 to get higher PTO hp. I got quotes on both of them, with the following:

DL 130 loader
2 rear remotes
engine block heater
Ag tires
open station
12x12 power shuttle

Prices are: MF 1648 = 29250; MF 1652 = 30450

These are for paying cash. The option of "0%" 72 months financing is 4000 US$ more expensive. Do you guys think the prices are ok? I would like to pull the trigger soon, as the wait for one of those is apparently 3 months.

Thanks,

Gerda

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #2  
The 1652 is a great tractor. I just came in from rescuing a friend who got drifted in by 2foot high drifts. The 1652 with a 7foot blower is unstoppable. The prices seem bang on. For a extra $8000 you can have a cab and clear snow in comfort.

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652
Good to hear the prices seem fair! I already went pricier than originally anticipated because I decided that a FEL would be very useful to have right away. And by opting for the bigger tractor instead of the MF 1643. But I will save on not going with the mid PTO, as we are opting for a rear 3pt snow blower. Cab is not an option as the tractor would not fit in the garage then.

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #4  
I just purchased the 1648 with cab and FEL. I must say the cab is pretty sweet especially when the wind is howling and the snow is blowing. Nothing quite like getting snow blown into your face trying to clear 3/4 mile of private road.
The 1648 has plenty of power for anything i have done so far. Hydraulics are great. The 1648 and 52 both have the same lift capacities. Only difference would be the hp for running the pto.
Buy now if you can. I heard the 16 series will be replaced by a 17 series this year to meet the new tier iv emmisions. Prices will be going up.

I will probably go this Saturday to buy the tractor.

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #6  
I will probably go this Saturday to buy the tractor.

Good luck, don't forget to post pictures.

I must say the cab is pretty sweet especially when the wind is howling and the snow is blowing.

The cabs are nice, you could clear snow in your underwear and still be comfortable and warm...

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #7  
It's an either/or thing w/ the cab, right? That is, you have to buy the model with the cab as you can't retrofit the cabless models after purchase?

The 1652 is a great tractor. I just came in from rescuing a friend who got drifted in by 2foot high drifts. The 1652 with a 7foot blower is unstoppable. The prices seem bang on. For a extra $8000 you can have a cab and clear snow in comfort.

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #8  
jymbee said:
It's an either/or thing w/ the cab, right? That is, you have to buy the model with the cab as you can't retrofit the cabless models after purchase?

Its a cab or no cab.

You can probably get a aftermarket soft cab for it. I never looked to see if there was one available.

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #9  
Its a cab or no cab.

You can probably get a aftermarket soft cab for it. I never looked to see if there was one available.

For the cost, get the oem cab. You will be better off, as it won't cost much more.

When you buy a cab model 1600, you get one set of rearremotes standard, you do not with the open station.

I decided to go with the MF 1648, but did not sign yet as the owner of the store was not there yesterday, only the sales person. And only the owner can decide on how far they can go down in price for me. Tomorrow I will know more. Will be the open station. If I wanted the cab, I would definitely go OEM as well.