Rear Blade Adding hydraulic angle to rear blade

/ Adding hydraulic angle to rear blade #1  

BIG DOOLEY

Platinum Member
Tractor
JOHN DEERE 2320
This is my TSC rear blade I am adding hydraulic angle to.
I also want to point out that the tubing was holding water and a drain hole should be added to prevent rusting and damage to tube during cold weather due to expansion of ice.
I ordered a 3" x 12" 3000 psi cylinder from Surplus Center.
The 3" bore cylinder has a 1-1/4" shaft and will be less prone to damage if bumped in the woods.
12" stroke completes the same left to right angle as the factory holes.
I will wait to weld the front mounts until the cylinder arrives.
The blade can be rotated 180 deg. and the cylinder reattached on the opposite side for reverse blading.
new tractor 756.JPGnew tractor 757.JPGnew tractor 758.JPGnew tractor 759.JPGnew tractor 760.JPGnew tractor 761.JPGnew tractor 762.JPGnew tractor 763.JPGnew tractor 764.JPGnew tractor 765.JPGnew tractor 766.JPGnew tractor 767.JPGnew tractor 768.JPGnew tractor 769.JPGnew tractor 770.JPGnew tractor 771.JPGnew tractor 772.JPGnew tractor 773.JPGnew tractor 774.JPGnew tractor 775.JPG
Tom

/ Adding hydraulic angle to rear blade #2  
Nice job so far, waiting on the video of a working model.

/ Adding hydraulic angle to rear blade
Added a bearing collar to maintain spacing needed for new control arm clearance.
Blade will be able to rotate when in the lowered position.
new tractor 777.JPGnew tractor 778.JPG
Tom

/ Adding hydraulic angle to rear blade #4  
that's a hellof a plate

1/2" x 3" plate.
Doubled where cylinder connects to add strength and remove slop in the tie-rod cylinder end.
new tractor 779.JPG new tractor 780.JPG new tractor 781.JPG new tractor 782.JPG new tractor 783.JPG new tractor 784.JPG
Tom

Last edited:
   / Adding hydraulic angle to rear blade #6  
I like it! :thumbsup:

One minor suggestion...paint your parking stand yellow so it stands out from the rest of the implement. I forgot to raise mine, and this was the result. https://picasaweb.google.com/110106108324823291002/FrontDitch#5397037847269121218

Deere/Frontier/Woods wanted $40 for a replacement. I made three and had them powder coated yellow for about the same cost. I have two spares in case I screw up again.

Note to Muhammad (sp)...please put a modern pop-up photo gallery viewer on TBN! Thanks!

/ Adding hydraulic angle to rear blade #7  
so useful.hehe.thanks for your share.
manboy.jpg

tistar.jpg

/ Adding hydraulic angle to rear blade #8  
Nice job! I like fabricating steel to make something more useful.

Thanks all.

I like it! :thumbsup:
One minor suggestion...paint your parking stand yellow so it stands out from the rest of the implement. I forgot to raise mine, and this was the result. https://picasaweb.google.com/110106108324823291002/FrontDitch#5397037847269121218

Yes, yellow would be an excellent idea.:thumbsup:
I wasn't distracted

"I'm getting older and forgot to raise it"

I'm turning over a new leaf this year and just tell it how it is.:laughing:
I have taken off down the driveway and heard it scrape the cement.
Its easy to do especially with the quick hitch.
Now that there are hoses to hook up I might not forget or I will drag the hoses around too.

/ Adding hydraulic angle to rear blade #10  
Great job BD as usual!

If I may offer one suggestion when posting pics, please add a space in between them so they don't look they all run together.