Toplink Toplink on 3 point Hitch

/ Toplink on 3 point Hitch #1  

bentley2010

Tractor
1986 Kioti LB2204
I just got my 1986 LB2204 Kioti home yesterday and went to unload the 16" 1 bottom plow and when I was hooking it up today, I noticed that the toplink for the 3 point hitch hits part of the plow when I go to lift the plow setup so I can only lift it off the ground about an inch. Is there something I am doing wrong?

/ Toplink on 3 point Hitch #2  
Need pics

/ Toplink on 3 point Hitch
Ok I will have to try to get the plow back on it and get some pictures

/ Toplink on 3 point Hitch #4  
I just got my 1986 LB2204 Kioti home yesterday and went to unload the 16" 1 bottom plow and when I was hooking it up today, I noticed that the toplink for the 3 point hitch hits part of the plow when I go to lift the plow setup so I can only lift it off the ground about an inch. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Till you post pics like Murphy1244 suggested . Could it be that your plow has a coulter wheel beam protruding from it and your tractor requires a non beam type plow and thats why its giveing trouble ? Just a thought.

Boone

Attachments

• lowprofileplow2.gif
    lowprofileplow2.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 1stdplow2.gif
    1stdplow2.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 144
Bullbreaker, that sounds about right, but this plow is really old so it doesn't look like the one you pictured. I will get a picture of the plow the next chance I get. and John thank for the video, I will need it I plan on putting in a garden, and have no idea on how to even start.

/ Toplink on 3 point Hitch #7  
Yes its difficult to advise without some pics. But have you tried adjusting your top link? Screwing it in or out a little, (or a lot) to make the link longer or shorter? I hope your problem is just that simple to overcome,.... often the simple fix is the right one. Anyway I wish you luck and Welcome Aboard, you have come to the right place for answers to "ALL" your problems,... I repeat: "ALL" !!!!
Happy New Year "bently2010" !!!
CHEERS !
. . . tug

Yes I did have to unscrew the top link, quite far to get it to attach. I will get it hooked back up over the weekend and get some pictures to post, as I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark so not much chance of getting the pictures during the week

/ Toplink on 3 point Hitch #9  
OK, now that you screwed it out to get it connected,...try setting it down on the ground and shortening the toplink again as much as possible (by hand). Perhaps it will lift higher now? Just a suggestion, but it sounds like you may have already tried that. I can't think of anything more without the aid of photos.
Best of luck
CHEERS !
. . tug