Howse box blade

/ Howse box blade #2  
We have a 60" Howse box blade. Seems to be good quality and well made. Found it used.

/ Howse box blade #3  
I purchased one in September - don't have any specifics about thickness of end plate but it seems to be of good quality. Haven't used it much yet but I have broke the tip of one of the ripper shanks.

/ Howse box blade
Pharm said:
I purchased one in September - don't have any specifics about thickness of end plate but it seems to be of good quality. Haven't used it much yet but I have broke the tip of one of the ripper shanks.

Ok, thanks. I've got a call in to one of their dealers to verify the end plates and price. Also, ran across a LMC brand today with 1/2 inch side plates, weighing 552 pounds for $600. It was right next to a Woods BSS72 with 3/8 end plates that weighs about the same for $1100. Hard for me to justify the difference.

/ Howse box blade #5  
I have the what I would call a medium weight Howse box blade that I have used on my P7010 LS and although I have broke a few scarifier teeth when hanging into huge rocks and other under ground obstructions like large tree roots, It hasnt bent or broken any part of the box blade. I did bend some Cat 1 lift pens and really need to put Cat II pins on now that I have sold my Cat I tractor. It weighs about 5-600 pounds and I guess the sides are 1/4" plate. It is well braced with 2x2 angle diagonal bracing front to rear and also a square tubing ties into the scarifier bar and back to center of the rear plate so that helps keep everything squared up and tight.
Many BB I have seen have no bracing to the rear of the box so I would think they would bend easily.