Snow Attachments A new type of front end loager snow blower

/ A new type of front end loager snow blower #2  
Does any one have one of these. If so how well does it work? It works off a mid mount PTO. Thanks John

Sheyenne Tooling & Manufacturing

Don't own one of these but they are very expensive versus paying for a
wider rear mount that you would simply drive bit slower, the other issue
is ground clearance and it is not very high above the ground.

/ A new type of front end loager snow blower #3  
I have no idea how well Sheyenne's products work; but I'm sure they are pricey. However; you have to determine what is more important to you; blowing snow going forward, which is easier on your neck and back; or saving quite a few bucks by using a rear mount and blowing snow in reverse.

If we had more snow on a regular basis, and money wasn't an issue; my neck and back vote for the front mount blower.

/ A new type of front end loager snow blower #4  
$8000 gets u into one for a kubota b3000. i called them and u will have alot more into set up because the hydrulic pump hooks to the mid pto, then hoses and eletrical hooks for the blower itself, but they look like the cats a#?!

/ A new type of front end loager snow blower #5  
I have never seen this type before. Mine used a 25 gallon reservoir tank, but otherwise it works the same. I personally wouldnt want it connected to the tractors hydraulic system.

I also see chains involved, which means shear pins. The idea of going with front mount hydraulic system for me....was to get rid of the shear pins.

My unit cost aprox $10,000. not sure what this system charges.

it is an interesting idea though. I do like my 25 gallon tank to help cool the oil, cause it sure gets hot during use.

/ A new type of front end loager snow blower #6  
Does any one have one of these. If so how well does it work? It works off a mid mount PTO. Thanks John

Sheyenne Tooling & Manufacturing

Do not own one but

Have owned an older walk behind blower with same design impeller and it did NOT perform well in Wet snow. Maybe see if they have video in wet conditions with heavy snow.

Noticed a few things I don't like in the video

1. Impeller design makes the snow fly forward out of blower instead of out the shoot

2. Blower housing not very high; would be a PITA in IMO

3. Use of tractor hydro fluid could void warranty or cause issues with tranny

/ A new type of front end loager snow blower #7  
Such a design is not suitable for snow conditions in the Northeast or eastern Canada. Drive chain is exposed to shear-pin killing hard ice buildup and rust-promoting road salt. Dunno about you guys but the most efficient way to clear snow on a large area is to push/pull it into piles then blow the piles away. That way you don't spend much time twisting your neck and back (rear-view camera helps but is not always practical to use). For this a sturdy heavy industrial-grade rear blower is best. Those don't snap pins often even in hard ice. Last time I popped a pin was when the blower ingested a frozen coyote carcass. Maine coyotes are quite large.

/ A new type of front end loager snow blower #8  
Such a design is not suitable for snow conditions in the Northeast or eastern Canada. Drive chain is exposed to shear-pin killing hard ice buildup and rust-promoting road salt. Dunno about you guys but the most efficient way to clear snow on a large area is to push/pull it into piles then blow the piles away. That way you don't spend much time twisting your neck and back (rear-view camera helps but is not always practical to use). For this a sturdy heavy industrial-grade rear blower is best. Those don't snap pins often even in hard ice. Last time I popped a pin was when the blower ingested a frozen coyote carcass. Maine coyotes are quite large.

So howed it taste once thawed?:eek: