Clutch

/ Clutch #1  

texoak51

Tractor
kubota m6800dt
Hello, curious as to how much free travel a clutch typically has. My M6800hst releases almost all the way out to about an inch before it engages. I feel it should engage before this. TRactor only had 220hrs. When I got it and I,ve only put another 25 on. Sure hope my clutch is,nt going out. Thanks.i

/ Clutch #2  
Unless someone used the clutch pedal for a foot rest, or had it adjusted wrong 250 hours will not show any use on a clutch disk...4 times those hours would not show much use of the clutch....
To properly set it you want about 1/2 an inch up to 1 inch free travel of the pedal Before the throw out bearing makes contact with the clutch pressure plate fingers... KennyV

/ Clutch
Thanks Kenny. I,m not sure I am using the right terminology in my description. What is happening is when I have the clutch depressed the tractor naturally doesn,t move and when I release the clutch pedal its all the way out to the last inch or so before transmission engages. I ,m just wondering if the transmission should engage and the tractor start moving before the pedal is released that far out. To many years driving automatic trucks I guess.

/ Clutch #4  
My LS starts to catch about an inch from the top. I likely need to adjust it a bit so I have about another 1/2" of travel. It a hydraulic actuated clutch and I really havent looked to see how the adjustment is done on it but it works perfectly as is.

/ Clutch #5  
Keep some free travel at the 'top' of the pedal ... that way the throw out bearing will NOT be making contact with the pressure plate...
If you look at the clutch linkage you will see the adjustable portion of one of the links... KennyV

/ Clutch #6  
When you state M6800HST do you mean hyd shuttle shift? If so I think the clutch pedal isn't connected with the damper clutch in flywheel but connected to hyd reverser shift valve. Have you checked your operators manual for "clutch pedal adjustment"?

/ Clutch
Tx Jim, no I haven,t. The adjustment may be proper and I could be concerned over nothing. That is why I was questioning the typical amount of travel before engagement. I,m a rookie tractor owner and definately not a mechanic. Hey, I,m learning tho. Thanks

/ Clutch #8  
What type of trans?? Hyd shuttle or sync-shuttle?

Last edited:
   / Clutch
Ok, an update. According to my manual should have 1.5" free travel. I currently have exactly one inch as measured with tape. I attempted to adjust per manuals instruction by loosening the adjustment rod nut and turning the turnbuckle. I tried this both directions and tried with just a small amount to a large amount of adjustment and nothing I do seems to effect the existing free travel. It stays the same irregardless of the amount of adjustment I make. On another note I checked the adjustment rod for the brakes and it moves up and down as I depress and release the brake pedals as I think it should. Should the clutch adjustment rod also move up and down as the clutch is depressed and released? Mine does not move. Thanks

/ Clutch #10  
....Should the clutch adjustment rod also move up and down as the clutch is depressed and released? Mine does not move. Thanks

If it is in fact the clutch adjustment rod.... It will move with the clutch pedal... can you post pictures of what you are adjusting...

Tx Jim may be onto something... On this it states: "A multiple plate wet disc clutch system replaces the dry type main clutch." (REPLACES)
See it at: http://www.kubota.com/F/AboutKubota/2002_pr_M8200_9000_L071803.cfm