I am the new guy. Question on new purchase.

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #1  

kjvthumper

Tractor
JD 1026R
Hello forum. I am new to this board and to tractors altogether. I am a city guy, who has lived on a 10 acre farm for now for 13 years. Anyway, I have been doing a lot of my yard work with used lawn tractors of various brands since day one. Of course I am now tired of the things needing constant work and am buying new. I need something more than a glorified lawn mower. I have a few horses now, a large garden and a large driveway to plow (I live in Michigan). So I priced out a new JD 1026R with the H120 FEL, 647 rotary tiller, 54" snow plow, and 60" mowing deck, Ballast box. Total package priced out at $21,000. Is this a reasonable price? I know I may be able to save some here or there, but this place is literally 4 miles from my house. Very convenient. They also have excellent customer service as I have done business with them on other things than tractors. Anyway, any comments are welcome. Also, since I am new to tractors altogether, I likely will have many questions in years to come. Happy to be aboard the board. :)

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #2  
Welcome to the forum. That seems like a fair price.

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #4  
:welcome:

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #5  
Are you gonna move bales of hay with this?

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase.
No. I am not going to move hay with it. Maybe a bale or two in the FEL, but not rolls of hay no. Very light work in that regard.
Are you gonna move bales of hay with this?

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #7  
No. I am not going to move hay with it. Maybe a bale or two in the FEL, but not rolls of hay no. Very light work in that regard.

Then go with your gut and work with that dealer. Plenty guy's on here with that model.

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase. #8  
Well definitely a 3 cyl diesel is like a lawn mower on steroids. When I was looking for a "all around" tractor I passed on the JD because of ground clearance. The next one up that had ground clearance was larger than what I was looking for. Specifically for gardening I wanted ground clearance. I also wanted R4 tires. I am not familiar with pushing snow so I have no opinion on that. For dirt and serious gardening I would look a little further for more ground clearance, larger tires.

/ I am the new guy. Question on new purchase.
Thanks, you have given me something to think about. Oh, and I did get the R4 tires with it. Didn't realize that was something to mention. R4 tires meant nothing to me like Chinese. I am truly a newbie. :)

Well definitely a 3 cyl diesel is like a lawn mower on steroids. When I was looking for a "all around" tractor I passed on the JD because of ground clearance. The next one up that had ground clearance was larger than what I was looking for. Specifically for gardening I wanted ground clearance. I also wanted R4 tires. I am not familiar with pushing snow so I have no opinion on that. For dirt and serious gardening I would look a little further for more ground clearance, larger tires.