Brannson 4720I Cruise control issue 2010

/ Brannson 4720I Cruise control issue 2010 #1  

rasorbackq

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4720
Noticed yesterday the cruise control was not working. Light comes on when the green button is pushed but tractor slows and pedal is not held. Where should I start to look?

/ Brannson 4720I Cruise control issue 2010
Noticed today the lights are on in the back. RED ones Will have to ask the wife if they are normally on. Think they might be the brakes . If they are stuck then cruise shouldn't work.

Seems it is the brake pedal. If I lift the pedal up just slightly the light goes off and the cruise works. Not sure yet why the pedal has slop.

/ Brannson 4720I Cruise control issue 2010 #4  
Had that happen on my new 2400H. Found one of the hydraulic hoses from the FEL control was routed so that it would interfere with the brake linkage. A few minutes with a wrench and the hose was rerouted. Hope your fix is this easy..

/ Brannson 4720I Cruise control issue 2010 #5  
Most smaller tractors have mechanical linkage brakes rather than hydraulic. if you read the manual you will probably find require regular inspection / adjustment. I would start there may also find adjustment in the brake light switch if nothing else is found wrong

Dave

Have the owners manual here someplace. What I did notice last week was I have never used the brakes. i just let off the pedal and the hst stops the tractor. Well the tractor was getting close to the building and I hammered the brake pedal and tractor just kept on going. Brakes had no stop at all.
manuals only talked about making sure that both brake pedals are set up with the same play so not to apply pressure to one side.

/ Brannson 4720I Cruise control issue 2010 #7  
Sounds like they are either way out adjustment or both brakes have a linkage disconnected or something broken. Its odd you would have neither left or right brake as they function independently of each other

Dave

So far its a great tractor but the owners manual sucks . They talk about ther brakes to adjust the slop with pic to remove the right side of console...... Too bad the brakes pedals or on the left side of console.