Trailer Length

/ Trailer Length #1  

TNhobbyfarmer

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430 Polaris Ranger 500
I have a trailer that is 16 ft with a 2 ft dovetail. Is that considered a 16 or 18 ft trailer?

/ Trailer Length #2  
I have seen them listed as 18' or 16+2 by new trailer manufacturers.

/ Trailer Length #4  
Technically 18. Some will advertise as 16+2. Only 16' usable.

/ Trailer Length #5  
Technically 18. Some will advertise as 16+2. Only 16' usable.

depends. I see plenty of people cramming stuff or rear wheels on that DT.. ;)

/ Trailer Length #6  
Dovetail doesn't seem to be a problem with hauling equipment for me. It's not the best thing in the world for hauling hay though.

/ Trailer Length #7  
mine hauls hay fine with ramps straight up.. but unloading it is a bit of a beach.. :)

/ Trailer Length #8  
I have a trailer that is 16 ft with a 2 ft dovetail. Is that considered a 16 or 18 ft trailer?

Actually you lose 2' because of the dovetail, so 16-2 = 14'. Right? :D

/ Trailer Length #9  
Its at 16' trailer. From my point of view, a 16' trailer means just that 16' of deck space, like my little tandem skid steer trailer has. Can you haul stuff on the beaver tail, you sure can. But I look at it as an option for a trailer. Just like you can have a perfectly straight decked gooseneck for "hot shotting" or you can have an equipment trailer for loading stuff from the rear. Most trailers advertise straight deck length or make a note for a tail I.E 20+5 Just my 2 cents.

/ Trailer Length #10  
It's an 18 ft. when I first got started into owning trailers I use to have trouble determine if the tongue was included in the rated size, But was told not so, it's the complete box measurement width X length,