Gmc recall alert (also posted in safety)

/ Gmc recall alert (also posted in safety) #1  

ericher69

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota b2920
So I decide to go price out some Generators yesterday. As I walk up to the Sierra I can hear the fan/blower motor running (was raining out and engine not running) truck had been parked for the night. I proceed to start the truck with my remote starter while loading up my son. As I am securing him in the seat I can smell something burning! I look around quick and notice some smoke coming from under the dash. I take my son out of the seat and place him in a safe area and proceed to investigate. The wires/connection at the blower motor where smoking heavily and would have proceeded to an all out fire but I played with the wiring harness/connection and the smoke subsided. The connector and wires where melted. Proceeded to a bday party later that day and talked with a mechanic friend who told me about a recall. I investigated and found this; http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/t...ad.php?t=39129 Please pass on to anyone you may know with one of the affected vehicles

/ Gmc recall alert (also posted in safety) #2  
bad link

/ Gmc recall alert (also posted in safety) #3  
Must be the season. My friends Dodge caught fire and burned to a crisp Saturday. They pulled over in someone's driveway to investigate the smell. Fireman said it was traced back to its power steering pump.

Chris

/ Gmc recall alert (also posted in safety) #4  
My Brothers cousins Ford150 with Eco boost had a engine fire

/ Gmc recall alert (also posted in safety) #5  
My Brothers cousins Ford150 with Eco boost had a engine fire

Funny. You brother's cousin. Thats your cousin.

Anyways, what happened? Lol

Chris

/ Gmc recall alert (also posted in safety) #7  
   / Gmc recall alert (also posted in safety) #8  
Wow, DiamondPilot just happens to know someone with a non-Ford that has a similar yet worse vehicle problem than what was posted?
Amazing, that never happens!

Seriously Chris, give it a break...

/ Gmc recall alert (also posted in safety) #10  
Wow, DiamondPilot just happens to know someone with a non-Ford that has a similar yet worse vehicle problem than what was posted?
Amazing, that never happens!

Seriously Chris, give it a break...

I will forward you the text message if you would like. It was a Chrysler Cirrus. They said the pump seized and the belt caught fire. I agree its a odd failure. Usually the belt breaks free and that is the end of the story. PM me your cell number or look up on FB. I will text you a link. He posted it there also. He is one of my boating guys.

Chris