2011 Dk45hst won't start

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #1  

kioti pup

Tractor
2011 Dk45se HST
Hello I put a new battery in the tractor and when I try and turn it on, the display comes on for a second and I hear one click and then the display disappears and won't come back. The tractor won't turn over. Is it the starter? please help! :confused:

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #2  
Hello I put a new battery in the tractor and when I try and turn it on, the display comes on for a second and I hear one click and then the display disappears and won't come back. The tractor won't turn over. Is it the starter? please help! :confused:

My dk40 did something like that the day after Christmas all the light on the dash then glow plug light goes out turn the rest of the way nothing. Called a dealer and said to take a stew driver to the starter to see if it turns over it did so told me to check the ignition switch. Took the dash off and took the ignition out found that there was water so cleaned it . Started right up after that. Waiting to get a new ignition from the dealer.

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #3  
You can try the screwdriver trick. It's brute force but foolproof. The big wire on the starter should be connected directly to the + terminal of the battery. The small wire on the starter goes to the key switch and gets +12 volts when the key is turned to the crank position. If you short the two together the starter should crank. If it doesn't crank, I'd look for a problem in the big battery wires or the main ground connection. You could have a bad starter but it's unlikely; a bad starter wouldn't cause your other symptoms.

From your description it seems the instr panel (which probably takes little power) illuminates briefly until some higher-current load (like glow plugs or stop solenoid) engages and drags down the voltage. And that is symptomatic of a high resistance (poor) connection to the battery, in the wiring, or the switch, or a bad battery. The click you hear is probably the start solenoid or the glow relay.

Get a volt meter and a helper. Start at the battery and monitor the battery voltage as you go through the start sequence. You probably need a helper unless you have really long leads on the volt meter. If the battery voltage is good throughout, repeat but now measure the voltage between the big starter terminal and the engine block as you try to start. If that voltage is good (about 12v) throughout you have a more complex problem that requires more discussion. Let us know what you discover.

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #4  
You got the ignition switch blues. remove and clean

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #5  
You got the ignition switch blues. remove and clean

The switch is one likely cause. It was in my case. But I still recommend checking a few voltages before any disassembly or parts swapping.

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #6  
Everyone is correct. Call your dealer and get a new switch. We have them in stock. Taking them apart is a short term fix. Depending on you tractor and switch we sell new covers to prevent water from blowing in switch. Not white ones that crack and break-black ones that are very pliable.

Tony

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #7  
Everyone talks about taking the switch apart but all I usualy do is every month or two give it a couple of squits from wd40 to get and keep the water out, never have problems with ignition switches on anything

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #8  
Be sure all your connections are good on the battery and where the battery ground cable attaches to the tractor chassis. a week ground will allow enough juice through to light the lights, but as soon as you put the heavy load of the starter the connection gets lost.

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #9  
My DK is starting to have the Ignition Switch Blues. I "fiddle" with it and it finally catches. I have to order another one, as I can tell it is getting worse. The dealer's mechanic kind of just shook his head in agreement when I mentioned to him.

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #10  
Everyone is correct. Call your dealer and get a new switch. We have them in stock. Taking them apart is a short term fix. Depending on you tractor and switch we sell new covers to prevent water from blowing in switch. Not white ones that crack and break-black ones that are very pliable.

Tony

What is the part # for this cover and will it work on a DK 40 HST man 2011