Hood latch

/ Hood latch #1  

Mike1369

Silver Member
Tractor
Baddest LS P7010C south of Palm Beach County
Hey guys my hood keeps popping off and not sure why. I push it down, it locks and after a few minutes the hood is popped and rubbing on the front bumper.

Any idea or suggestions would help.

Thanks
Mike

/ Hood latch #2  
Try spraying the latch where the hood is hooked in. There should be a cable of some sort with maybe a spring, depending on what the vehicle is you're talking about, use something like wd-40 as this won't damage paint or plastics it might come in contact with. Also make sure the lever you use to unhook or open the hood is functioning properly and closing all the way. Maybe the latch is bent or worn. Hard to say, confidently, without knowing what the vehicle is, and a pic or 2 always helps. Hope you can fix it easily, good luck.

/ Hood latch
It's an LS P7010C tractor. Everything looks like its in place and the tractor is only 2 days old.
I did notice that when it arrived the hood was up. Not sure why it's releasing the pin.
Will try and get pictures.

/ Hood latch #4  
My LS R3039 has the same problem. Lubrication helps but it may need to be adjusted.

/ Hood latch
How do you adjust it. Anyone???

/ Hood latch #6  
Don't know the LS specifically, but lots of times the hook, or U the hook attaches to, is mounted with bolts in a slot or larger holes allowing slight adjustment. Sometimes you may even need to take pliers and bend it slightly till it catches correctly, or maybe on your's the latch is adjustable. On my new Kubota, it doesn't want to unlatch when it gets real cold. I sprayed it LIBERALLY and it pops right open now.
Unless as Bob77064 has stated his also is misaligned, maybe the hood itself is not in place perfectly and it may need to be removed, then reinstalled making sure to line everything up as you go SLOWLY. Kubota website has diagrams of model's parts in blow-up view, maybe see if LS offers the same and try to find the part on the diagram that's adjustable. Hope this helps, once again - good luck. Post some pics of catch, hook and mounts.

/ Hood latch #7  
Open it up and look under the hood IIRC. The latch bar has slotted holes that allow for adjustment. Mine did the same thing when I got it. I would be working my FEL and then notice the hood popped open, close it, pop open, give it a big slam, pop open. SO finally I loosened up the 2 bolts on the latch and moved it down so it engaged fully, no more problem. It might take a couple of tries to get it just right so it latches good but doesnt leave a gap at the bottom of the hood.

/ Hood latch #8  
My R3039 did the same thing. I put a dab of grease on the slot part of the latch and that fixed the problem.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Hood latch #9  
I dont think the greasing with the P7010's is the problem. I thing they just set them too tight for the lock mechanism to fully close and they just pop open. Just a slight loosening off of the bar that fits into the latch was all mine needed to stay closed.

/ Hood latch #10  
I dont think the greasing with the P7010's is the problem. I thing they just set them too tight for the lock mechanism to fully close and they just pop open. Just a slight loosening off of the bar that fits into the latch was all mine needed to stay closed.

Don't just leave it loosened, maybe put a washer under it to extend it to where you need it, then tighten it! IMO