Is white grease badc

/ Is white grease badc #1  

Green Acres Homestead

Veteran Member
NewBrunswick & Nova Scotia www.lostcaper.com
Tractor
Kubota L4740 sold now have a new L2502 as off Jan 2023
Ran out of grease in middle of snow storm. Went to Canadian tire and there was only white Castrol. Lithium grease. I took it and greased my tractor loader and axle frame nipples etc c I wonder is this worst then not greasing at all or is it ok.

/ Is white grease badc #2  
Looks like it should will work fine.
wikipedia said:
Grease made with lithium soap ("lithium grease") adheres particularly well to metal, is non-corrosive, may be used under heavy loads, and exhibits good temperature tolerance. It has a drip temperature of 190ー to 220ーC (350ー to 400ーF) and it resists moisture, so it is commonly used as lubricant in household products, such as electric garage doors, as well as in automotive applications, such as CV joints.

/ Is white grease badc #3  
I use the white lithium on my boat. It resists water penetration better than other greases and doesnt stain you up with black gunk if you get it on you. It is usually more expensive than the other black High Pressure greases also.

/ Is white grease badc #4  
I agree should be fine. No grease bad, grease good. It is like I tell my kids, if your car is low on oil and all you have is 30 weight, it is better than letting your car run out of oil because you don't have 10-40.

/ Is white grease badc #5  
I agree should be fine. No grease bad, grease good. It is like I tell my kids, if your car is low on oil and all you have is 30 weight, it is better than letting your car run out of oil because you don't have 10-40.

That is exactly what my father told me many, many years ago. That and "It's a lot quicker and cheaper to grease machinery that it is to repair it because you didn't".

/ Is white grease badc #8  
As long as the new grease is compatible with your old grease it will be ok. When two incompatible greases are mixed, one of two things can happen...either the mixture hardens and will not release any of the oil or the mixture softens and releases all of the oil.

Articles_200902_grease-compatibility-chart.gif

B = Borderline C = Compatible I = Incompatible

/ Is white grease badc #9  
Anything is better than nothing :)

/ Is white grease badc #10  
Anything is better than nothing :)

I dislike white lithium it gets hard as a rock in certain situations. I scraped and removed white lithium off a large freight elevator because I could not get the large doors to work correctly. I degresed everything and used a product called super lube. Great gease that is clear and will not gum up in the cold or harden it also dosent melt until 500F

but something is better than nothing...