Frontier 2072 RC

/ Frontier 2072 RC #1  

LHS Inc

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3520 eHydro w/300CX FEL
I was wondering if anyone has purchased a Frontier 2072RC in the last two years and have you had any problems with it. I read a thread from 2010 here on TBN where there was a problem with the 3pt hitch twisting on the cutter. Some people thought it might have been a bad batch of steel that was used on a certain number of units.

If I remember correctly in this case the guy ran over a hole in the field with the cutter lifted up and the frame of the hitch was damaged to the point he couldn't use it.

I currently own a Frontier 1060RC and have been happy with it but I feel my JD 3520 can handle a bigger one so I'm thinking of moving up to a 72".

I'm trying to stick with the same brand of attachments so I just wanted to find out if the problem has been solved and if they are worth buying.

Thanks

/ Frontier 2072 RC #2  
Not the RC2072, but bought the RC2060 in October of 2010, it came with slip clutch & chain aprons. No complaints on how it has held up. I have been pretty rough with it in terms of where & what was cut but it keeps on spinning. Got a few upward dents in the deck & had to straighten the tail wheel fork somewhat. No leaks or vibration. I run it with a 3038e.

Nick

/ Frontier 2072 RC
Thanks for your reply Nick. I think mine is a 2007 year model and its held up great. I guess the situation I mentioned was just an isolated case for that batch of mowers.

On another note when you engage your cutter does it start smooth or rough? Mine is a rough start at the initial engagement then it calms down nicely. I'm sure with turning that much weight with that "instant on" pto you can't do much better.

Just wondering if yours does the same thing.

Thanks