Price check on a used Woods HBL Rear Blade

/ Price check on a used Woods HBL Rear Blade #1  

Bswope

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3540
Guys I have found a used Woods/Gill HBL96-2 rear blade that us in fairly decent shape from the pics i have of it, I haven't got a chance to go take a look at it yet but just wanted to see what some of you think about the price. The guy wants $500 for it, the thing is its abit too big for my tractor... I have the tractor in my sig and im thinking i can cut it down to 84" to better fit my tractor, I have a Plasma cutter to handle the job of cutting it down so that wont be an issue.

Here are a few pics that i have....
IMG_7146_zps404959da.jpg

IMG_6072_zps5763bcf2.jpg

IMG_2745_zpsfb7a24c4.jpg

IMG_1347_zpsf76e77bb.jpg

IMG_4308_zps8780e901.jpg

So what do you guys think... is $500 too much?

/ Price check on a used Woods HBL Rear Blade #2  
So what do you guys think... is $500 too much?

Heck no. That is proabably a $1300 blade. Be sure it comes with the pins for the lift arms.

Last edited:
   / Price check on a used Woods HBL Rear Blade #3  
Bswope,
My only concern would be if the hitch will fit your tractor, the hitch looks like it is cat II and III. Hard to know without seeing in person, bring a tape measure with you.

/ Price check on a used Woods HBL Rear Blade #4  
That blade would be perfect for your 3540 if it was 7' wide.

Bswope,
My only concern would be if the hitch will fit your tractor, the hitch looks like it is cat II and III. Hard to know without seeing in person, bring a tape measure with you.

It is cat 1 and 2.

/ Price check on a used Woods HBL Rear Blade #5  
The price is fair. I built this and ended up adding additional weight,... so you will want all the weight your tractor can lift for it to be effective.

Blade  rear.jpg

/ Price check on a used Woods HBL Rear Blade
Thanks for the reply's fellas! I went and took a look at it today and I was totally amazed when I got there and looked it over, this thing is in a lot better shape than the pics show! I had to ask they guy when we were walking over to it if it was the one he sent me pics of and he said it sure is!
Guys this thing has BARELY BEEN USED AT ALL, The guy said he didn't use it at all and the guy he bought it from used it TWO TIMES.
I did what i think anyone would do and dug in my pocket and handed him 5 bills! I just couldn't pass it up at that price and for the shape its in.
If anything Im gonna cut it down to 7' to better fit my tractor...!

/ Price check on a used Woods HBL Rear Blade #7  
I think you got a good deal:thumbsup:

/ Price check on a used Woods HBL Rear Blade
Heck no. That is proabably a $1300 blade. Be sure it comes with the pins for the lift arms.

Roger it didnt come with the pins for the lift arms but I have an extra set along with the bushing to fit my Woods quick hitch, matter of fact now that i think about it I cant remember how I ended up with the extra set... LOL

/ Price check on a used Woods HBL Rear Blade #9  
That will be a very good match for your tractor once you get it cut down to 7 foot. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/ Price check on a used Woods HBL Rear Blade #10  
Not familiar with the tractor you have but before you go cutting on the blade I would go try it as is. Not knowing what you plan for it you might find that you can use it at the full 96" by taking a smaller bite with the blade and it can always be cut later if the tractor just can't hack it. You can always cut it later; it is harder to add back on.