Oil & Fuel I just turned 50 and ran my first tractor out of fuel

/ I just turned 50 and ran my first tractor out of fuel #1  

sawmillwill

Tractor
Ford 3000/MF35/FordsonSDexta
I have talked a bunch of smack over the years and now i feel the pain.18degr
: and wind blowing 40mph....:(:confused2:

/ I just turned 50 and ran my first tractor out of fuel #2  
Welcome to the forum, and sorry about the fuel issue and the fun in your future.. I am 58 and have had diesel tractors for over 20 years.. Never done it.:eek:

James K0UA

/ I just turned 50 and ran my first tractor out of fuel #3  

You aren't the first to run a tractor out of fuel and you won't be the last. It's a very large club!

/ I just turned 50 and ran my first tractor out of fuel #4  

:welcome:

Not to worry! Running out of fuel is just one of many screw-up's you'll be doing from now on. LOL! It's all down hill from there!

50? I wish I was 50 again!

/ I just turned 50 and ran my first tractor out of fuel #5  
Heck one of my kids is almost 50. I've never run one out of fuel, but every time I change the fuel filters it is the same thing and I have to pump them up again and it is a real PITA, s I feel your pain.

/ I just turned 50 and ran my first tractor out of fuel #6  
:welcome: And a good time to change the fuel filter.

/ I just turned 50 and ran my first tractor out of fuel #7  
Every tractor is different and requires some or all of the bleeding techniques to remove the air. My LS ran out of fuel once due to some gauge problems and a leaking tank but required very little to get it going. I just put fuel in the tank, pumped the primer to bleed air from the filter and turned it over a few times and it then started right up. My old Yanmar also bleed out the air easily. I once changed the fuel shut off valve /sediment bowl /fuel filter on it and only had to loosen off the bowl to let out the air and it cranked right up. It seemed to self purge the air out of it when a little got in. ONLY once did I have to crack the line on the injectors to bleed out the air on one injector that was not firing.
SOME have bleed screws on the injector pump and fuel filter that will remove the air enough to start it without cracking the injector lines while others may not fire a lick till you turn it over with the starter and bleed each injector AFTER bleeding every other port.
It is best to bleed it at every port that you can find prior to turning it over to avoid getting air into the pump if possible especially if this is your first time.

/ I just turned 50 and ran my first tractor out of fuel #8  
You just have to look at the bright side. Better to run out of fuel than out of oil.

/ I just turned 50 and ran my first tractor out of fuel #9  
   / I just turned 50 and ran my first tractor out of fuel #10  
:welcome:

Not to worry! Running out of fuel is just one of many screw-up's you'll be doing from now on. LOL! It's all down hill from there!

50? I wish I was 50 again!
OHHHH, to be 50 again!