Branson 4220 Replace Hydraulic Hose

/ Branson 4220 Replace Hydraulic Hose #1  

way0utwest

Tractor
Branson 42hp
I've never worked on hydraulics and one of my hoses is leaking. It appears to be coming out of the middle of the hose, a slow seepage.

I can get a new hose made, but I need to take this one off and check the fluid. I don't see a note anywhere in the owners manual on how to check the fluid level, and I'm unsure of how I might de-pressurize the system before I unscrew the hose, and then how do I bleed fill the fluid once I've gotten things together.

Thanks in advance.

/ Branson 4220 Replace Hydraulic Hose #2  
What does the hose go to?
If a bucket or hoe you need to let item down so it is at rest then with tractor turned off there should be no pressure. You will know if it still has pressure by loosing the fitting first. Have several buckets ready because they usually drain.
My 3510 Branson has a Site Glass (little round window with a red line for the oil level) at the rear higher and to the right of the PTO shaft. The oil level will change if the hoe or loader is moved around.
If you can find a pre-made hose they are a lot cheaper. Tractor Supply sells them.

/ Branson 4220 Replace Hydraulic Hose
Thanks for the response.

The hose comes from the control and goes to the front load, connecting to a metal tube along the FEL arm. It's a short hose, 2-3ft only.

I see the glass bubble at the rear of the tractor, above the PTO. I assume the fill is right there since it goes into the same caseing and has an orange cover. I can get some fluid and see if I Can get a pre-made hose.

Thanks for the advice and I'll post back when I get things running.

/ Branson 4220 Replace Hydraulic Hose #4  
If you have a leak then there will be no pressure on it if tractor is not running. Just replace the hose, any air will be pushed through the system to the tank.