Case 385

/ Case 385 #1  

scarlo101

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 1850, NH TN75
Hi There,
My case 385 MFWD has 5900 hrs. It seems that it could have a little more power. I notice on high gear on high range that I cannot completely let out the clutch otherwise it will stall. I need to ride the clutch a bit until it gets up to speed. Also notice on start up that the throttle response is not very responsive. It does not consume oil, I have changed it and air filter. Is there something I am overlooking or something I can easily do to get a little more power.
Thanks

/ Case 385 #2  
You didn't mention the fuel filter(s). Have you changed it/them as well?

I don't think my tractors will pull out in top gear with out riding the clutch either though. Would you expect a car or truck to pull out in top gear?

/ Case 385 #3  
The 385 is the smallest of the range and with 4wd is a heavy tractor in its class

Speed charts show a range of top end speeds from 13mph to 21mph depending on transmission build of the individual tractor

Has tractor always been like this or is it something that seems to have developed.??

As stated above would you expect to start your car or truck in top gear ??

Last edited:
   / Case 385
Thanks for the replies,
I have only had the tractor for about 1 year. I do not know how it was when it was newer. I have not changed the fuel filter, previous owner said they are not that old. I agree with the high gear logic, I just wanted to see if it is typical of tractors. Just thought there would be a little more power and maybe a tip to easily increase output.

/ Case 385 #5  
It may be there is an issue?? But it needs proper diagnostics, in this case you need to have the tractor dynamometer tested by a dealers hat will tell if there is a problem??