Chipper What's your opinion on this chipper ?

/ What's your opinion on this chipper ? #1  

bill ns

Bronze Member
Tractor
1970 ,276 International Harvester2008 dk 35 kioti, 1957 cockshutt540
I have about 5 acres of alders to clear A limited budget and i am pretty handy at welding and repairing equip I have been looking for a long time for a chipper I just found this one looks good and simple all parts are available in Canada and it can be shipped to my door for a very reasonable price Wood chippers, PTO Woodchippers, Woodland Mills Ontario Canada — PC8M - 8 What do you think ? I have talked to them and it is made in China That is the reason i have hesitated about buying it ..

/ What's your opinion on this chipper ? #2  
Looks like a Jinma that I have (Farm Pro), but with a few modifications. The only trouble I have with mine is keeping the bed blade from moving due to the vibration and the way it secures to the unit under the feed roller. If the bed blade touches a chipper blade - it's an eye-opener.

/ What's your opinion on this chipper ? #3  
Seems awfully slow

/ What's your opinion on this chipper ? #4  
I spent a few Summers in Five Islands as a teenager - you live in a beautiful place.
Are the alders all coming down at the same time, or will this be done over a long period?
The reason I ask is that if you will be taking the trees down oevr a short period, it may be much less expensive to rent a chipper for a few days and do nothing but process the slash piles into chips.

/ What's your opinion on this chipper ?
Hello Baby Grand Thank you It is a beautiful area It has been a very cold winter I have 5 or 6 acres of alders I plan on just picking away and cutting and chipping abit at a time as i get a chance to do it . If i was to rent a chipper i would have to go to Truro 1 hr away pay a couple hundred $ I also have a wood lot i fidgure i would use it to clean up small stuff to I can always sell it when i am finished with it

/ What's your opinion on this chipper ? #6  
Seems awfully slow

It is a bit slower then those machines with a more vertical chute. This one is pulling the trunks in almost horizontally...and it's doing it nice and steady, if not fast...

/ What's your opinion on this chipper ? #7  
In that case it makes sense to own your own. I ended up getting a used Patu 4.5" for similar reasons - I can only cut on weekends and I never know when a storm is going to come thru and knock down a few. And it fit my budget. In some ways I wished I'd scraped together some more cash and got the Wallenstein that I'd been looking at. The infeed chute design on the BX42 is really sweet.

I remember a forced march down from up the Moose River when the farmer's son, Freddy, started feeling his appendix - had to get him to hospital in Truro riggedy jig, but the traffic wasn't cooperating.

/ What's your opinion on this chipper ? #8  
If I had that much chipping to do I would just rent a big chipper and then buy a small one for the tractor to maintain it.

/ What's your opinion on this chipper ? #9  
Bill NS...I am looking at this chipper and am curious if you purchased it and if so what are your impressions?

/ What's your opinion on this chipper ? #10  
Im not sure if the wood your chipping would be considered a hard or soft wood. I have a Jimna 6" that ive been using for 5-6 years, and have only sharpened blades 1 time. No other problems. I use it alot, but only have soft woods (pine, fir).

They are way slower than the commercial hydraulic chippers, but so am i. I can barely keep up with my chipper.

I purchased mine cause i knew id be using it for years and years. Rental was out of the question.

Am i sorry i bought the China brand.... no

Do i wish i bought a Canadian or USA brand..yes. But the price difference was way out of line back then. I only paid about $1,000 delivered for mine back then, and the us brands at JD were over 3,000 at the time. And im so stinking cheap