JOHN DEERE LOADER LATCH KIT MPW10039

/ JOHN DEERE LOADER LATCH KIT MPW10039 #1  

Blackrag

Tractor
John Deere 955
I have a JD 955 and go through an ordeal every winter and spring pulling the loader off and installing the 380 dozer blade. Does anyone know how this latch kit works and is it helpful? Thanks, Chad

/ JOHN DEERE LOADER LATCH KIT MPW10039 #2  
What loader do you have? Is this a John Deere kit? Do you have a link to what MPW10039 is?

/ JOHN DEERE LOADER LATCH KIT MPW10039 #4  
Thanks for the link.
Did you see it's for 410, 420, 430, & 460 Loaders? No mention of 70A loader. Did 70A replace 4x0 loaders?
Date on instructions was 15 JUNE 2000. How old is your loader? If newer than 2000 it may be updated already?
There was a note for 855 & 955 tractors REWORK & Drilling required. See dealer for installation. also see page 6 of the instructions.

I think I would start by asking a JD dealer to print out the instructions. Then read thru them

/ JOHN DEERE LOADER LATCH KIT MPW10039
Thanks for the link.
Did you see it's for 410, 420, 430, & 460 Loaders? No mention of 70A loader. Did 70A replace 4x0 loaders?
Date on instructions was 15 JUNE 2000. How old is your loader? If newer than 2000 it may be updated already?
There was a note for 855 & 955 tractors REWORK & Drilling required. See dealer for installation. also see page 6 of the instructions.

I think I would start by asking a JD dealer to print out the instructions. Then read thru them

I didn't see that. My tractor is 1998 and the 70A loader I believe is an older generation than described. I will have to do some more investigating at the dealer. I tried to peer at the pages offered on the auction, but I couldn't really figure out the function or purpose. Thanks!

/ JOHN DEERE LOADER LATCH KIT MPW10039 #6  
that kit was a retrofit kit for the 410-460 loaders that was a safety item.
it prevented accidental release of the loader park stand from the front tractor frame,
and is more of a pain in the butt than anything.

/ JOHN DEERE LOADER LATCH KIT MPW10039 #7  
That piece won't help much. I used to work to at a Deere dealer and there was a safety issue years ago about loaders coming loose (off). They then retrofitted the loaders with a piece pretty similar to that one. That latch is to reinforce how the loader "kickstand" connects (creates a bind) with the front weight bracket of the tractor.
How exactly is it so hard to remove the loader? Is it getting the handle to slide and disengage the lock up front?

/ JOHN DEERE LOADER LATCH KIT MPW10039
Is it getting the handle to slide and disengage the lock up front?

Removing installing the loader in the shop on a level floor is not a problem. But not wanting to give up precious floor space all winter, each fall I try to come up with a wood pallet set up so it doesn't have to sit directly on the ground, that's when it gets all squirrelly and rightly so, that's not the design.