Gusty last night

/ Gusty last night #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
Worked the night shift and came home to this.....:mad:. Its not my main shelter for the Bota, but overflow for the lawn tractor and misc crap...

I got the frame for $50 and made my own tarp walls and roof etc... It's mounted to PT 2x6x 16 and filled in w 3/4 crushed... I never did secure it to the ground... Just never thought about it... My large 24' one is secured, but never did this one...OOPS.

Was able to get 2 lines on it and pull it back over with the Bota. stayed pretty much intact...

as soon as the wind dies down I'll retarp it and drive some stakes (not steaks) into the ground... concrete blocks doing the job now...

small shed (1).jpgsmall shed (2).jpgsmall shed (3).jpg

Last edited:
   / Gusty last night #2  
I used pieces of 3/4 rebar with angled steel blades welded on to them at the bottoms, so when you turned them they acted like screws and turned into the ground. My shelter didn't last, but the anchors were the only things left when it broke.

Sean

/ Gusty last night #3  
Worked the night shift and came home to this.....:mad:. Its not my main shelter for the Bota, but overflow for the lawn tractor and misc crap...

I got the frame for $50 and made my own tarp walls and roof etc... It's mounted to PT 2x6x 16 and filled in w 3/4 crushed... I never did secure it to the ground... Just never thought about it... My large 24' one is secured, but never did this one...OOPS.

Was able to get 2 lines on it and pull it back over with the Bota. stayed pretty much intact...

as soon as the wind dies down I'll retarp it and drive some steaks into the ground... concrete blocks doing the job now...

View attachment 300681View attachment 300682View attachment 300683
Sorry to haer the wind got ya. But be careful..........If you pound them 'steaks' into the ground, the coyotes or skunks will dig 'em up. But stakes will help with the shelter :wink:

/ Gusty last night #4  
Most farm supply stores will have the screw in anchors.

/ Gusty last night #5  
drive some steaks into the ground
If you pound them 'steaks' into the ground, the coyotes or skunks will dig 'em up

as soon as I read that I chuckled and thought, how long will this take...not long. :)
real happy your stuff didn't get wrecked. Looks like you made out ok for an unsecured shelter
in the winds that howled last night, our house was creaking away.

eat the steaks, pound the stakes...:D

/ Gusty last night #6  
Yep..sure been drafty outside,lots of limbs/branches to be pickup the weekend,least there little to no snow get around for clean up.

/ Gusty last night #7  
HarborFreight has the screw in anchors but I don't know if there are any HF stores in your area: 4 Piece 15" Earth Anchor Canopy Set

I believe they have other sizes available.

/ Gusty last night #8  
If you can weld they're easy to make.

Sean

/ Gusty last night #9  
Dang! I'm glad no damage was done to your equipment inside. Good luck with the rebuild / modification! Wind Blows! :rotfl:

/ Gusty last night
Sorry to haer the wind got ya. But be careful..........If you pound them 'steaks' into the ground, the coyotes or skunks will dig 'em up. But stakes will help with the shelter :wink:

BAHAHAHA, Yeah probably do a better job,, cheaper too.. Delmonicos are expensive