Another New welder thread?

/ Another New welder thread? #1  

Bday

Silver Member
Tractor
53' Allis WD, 54' Allis WD 45, 52' allis CA, Farmall 560, 656 , 47' Deere model A , 38' Deere model A
Got a new tool today! Up and running in less than an hour! Awesome machine beats the old Hobart!:cool2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    831.7 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    690.1 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 747
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
   / Another New welder thread? #3  
Thats my dream welder right there!!.... Enjoy!!

Ran right out of the box, eh? Imagine that :thumbsup:

/ Another New welder thread? #4  
Did you get a spool gun or push pull gun with it too? Now doesn't that unit have the "run in" option? I've never used a machine with that option, I hear it is great for aluminum work.

/ Another New welder thread? #5  
nice machine! What are your primary uses for it?

Highest Output in its Class!
(250 A at 28 VDC). Weld longer on high-end applications.
Auto Gun Detect™
Miller's Auto Gun Detect allows operator to simply pull trigger on MIG gun, spool gun or push/pull gun. Automatically detects and recalls the voltage, wire feed speed and timer of the active gun.
Angled, Dual-Gear Driven, Cast Aluminum Drive System
Features no-tool, quick-change reversible drive rolls and an easy-to-set, scaled tension knob.
EZ-Access™ Consumable Compartment and Parameter Chart.
Set weld parameters right the first time with convenient new flip-down compartment that provides fast access to parameter chart and consumables.
Large, Digital Front Panel with Built-in Digital Timers Menu
Enables operator to preset voltage and wire feed speed. Standard run-in, pre/postflow, burnback, spot/delay (stitch) timer menu.
Push-Pull Gun Direct Connect
Compatible with Spoolmate 200 Series spool gun with wire feed speed control on the gun. This saves time by reducing trips back to the machine. Also compatible with more industrial Spoolmatic 15A or 30A spool gun.
EZ-Change™ Low Cylinder Rack
Allows operators to easily roll cylinders on and off of rack - no need to lift cylinders.
Larger Work Area
Now with longer 15-ft M-25 gun.

/ Another New welder thread? #6  
NICE! That machine will last a lifetime, then some. Love my 210, but envious of that 252!

/ Another New welder thread? #7  
Standard run-in, pre/postflow, burnback, spot/delay (stitch) timer menu.

Sure is a learning curve here. I don't have the foggiest idea what any of these terms mean.
But when I get my welding textbook I ordered, I soon will know enough to be dangerous.

/ Another New welder thread?
Did you get a spool gun or push pull gun with it too? Now doesn't that unit have the "run in" option? I've never used a machine with that option, I hear it is great for aluminum work.

Nope, didn't get one with the machine, but will have one soon. Yep, it has the run in option. Everyone said it is the top machine for aluminium.

nice machine! What are your primary uses for it?

Highest Output in its Class!
(250 A at 28 VDC). Weld longer on high-end applications.
Auto Gun Detect™
Miller's Auto Gun Detect allows operator to simply pull trigger on MIG gun, spool gun or push/pull gun. Automatically detects and recalls the voltage, wire feed speed and timer of the active gun.
Angled, Dual-Gear Driven, Cast Aluminum Drive System
Features no-tool, quick-change reversible drive rolls and an easy-to-set, scaled tension knob.
EZ-Access™ Consumable Compartment and Parameter Chart.
Set weld parameters right the first time with convenient new flip-down compartment that provides fast access to parameter chart and consumables.
Large, Digital Front Panel with Built-in Digital Timers Menu
Enables operator to preset voltage and wire feed speed. Standard run-in, pre/postflow, burnback, spot/delay (stitch) timer menu.
Push-Pull Gun Direct Connect
Compatible with Spoolmate 200 Series spool gun with wire feed speed control on the gun. This saves time by reducing trips back to the machine. Also compatible with more industrial Spoolmatic 15A or 30A spool gun.
EZ-Change™ Low Cylinder Rack
Allows operators to easily roll cylinders on and off of rack - no need to lift cylinders.
Larger Work Area
Now with longer 15-ft M-25 gun.

Mainly lite fab work and repair. Definitely going to get set up for aluminium. I've been using a 90's Hobart beta mig. Great machine, but 90's technology. The old hobart still runs well though, 1/2" is pushing it with that unit. Love the fact that I now have infinite settings with the Miller. Unlike 9 tap settings on the hobart. After welding with industrial welders. I'm not a big fan of the tap machine.

Standard run-in, pre/postflow, burnback, spot/delay (stitch) timer menu.

Sure is a learning curve here. I don't have the foggiest idea what any of these terms mean.
But when I get my welding textbook I ordered, I soon will know enough to be dangerous.

Mostly for different wire sizes and types. Also an aid for welding aluminium. The settings are factory set for .035 wire. And set to weld steel. Can't be a learning curve! I got her going! That say 's a whole lot!!