JD 750 won't start

/ JD 750 won't start #1  

Plysage

Tractor
Mf 135, JD 750
I've never had a problem with it before. Fired right up this morning. Now it Won't turn over. All ignition lights etc come on when I turn the key. All lights, flahers etc work fine. It will start jumping across the starter leads. Check the PTO switch, neutral switch, harness, ground, tried jumping (no luck), checked ignition switch. Everything seems to be in order. Ideas?

/ JD 750 won't start #3  
i used to have issues with my JD870's seat switch.

very touchy little things. when it gave me issues, tractor wouldnt start up.

had to keep it cleaned and lubed.

/ JD 750 won't start #4  
   / JD 750 won't start
Where is the relay on this tractor? grsthegreat suggested seat switch. I don't see a seat switch on this. At least not the type I'm familiar with like the on the 455.

/ JD 750 won't start
Thank you for the links, good info. I've gone over the harness/connections pretty well and they seem fine and in good condition. Seems the relay idea is pretty popular. Is the relay acting as a step up transformer or capacitor? How involved is the install?

/ JD 750 won't start #7  
Where is the relay on this tractor? grsthegreat suggested seat switch. I don't see a seat switch on this. At least not the type I'm familiar with like the on the 455.
These series tractors only have a neutral and (?)PTO safety switch.

/ JD 750 won't start #8  
Thank you for the links, good info. I've gone over the harness/connections pretty well and they seem fine and in good condition. Seems the relay idea is pretty popular. Is the relay acting as a step up transformer or capacitor? How involved is the install?

No, a relay is a relay.

/ JD 750 won't start #9  
Shouldnt be difficult relays act as the contact from ignition switch to starter/solenoid

Last edited:
   / JD 750 won't start
Problem solved. Faulty/intermittent PTO switch. Thanks guys.