Massey Harris model 22 1950-51

/ Massey Harris model 22 1950-51 #1  

Larrycrosby

Tractor
Massey Harris
Shifting lever issue, it get stuck in 4th gear, for sure maybe others tractor new to me. We can pull cover off and reset it, usually it looks like the middle slider is stuck to one side, need to tap with a hammer to get it back in place. When looking at it from the bottom it looks like the lever is going to one side, an area that it should not be in. I believe this is all happening because things are warn a little to much, do not see anything bent at first look.

Looking for thoughts on how I can best fix the problem and a new casket for when the things is put back together.

Larry

/ Massey Harris model 22 1950-51
Also the Hydraulic systems calls for SAE 10 oil, the only thing I find these days is SAE 10 for engines, is this the same oil? Can I use a multy grade hydraulic oil in this tractor.

Looking for some input, thanks
Ldc

/ Massey Harris model 22 1950-51 #3  
Also the Hydraulic systems calls for SAE 10 oil, the only thing I find these days is SAE 10 for engines, is this the same oil? Can I use a multy grade hydraulic oil in this tractor.

Looking for some input, thanks
Ldc
Those engines are having many things similar.

/ Massey Harris model 22 1950-51
There is no one out there with any thoughts on this?

Shifting lever issue, it get stuck in 4th gear, for sure maybe others tractor new to me. We can pull cover off and reset it, usually it looks like the middle slider is stuck to one side, need to tap with a hammer to get it back in place. When looking at it from the bottom it looks like the lever is going to one side, an area that it should not be in. I believe this is all happening because things are warn a little to much, do not see anything bent at first look.

Looking for thoughts on how I can best fix the problem and a new casket for when the things is put back together.

Larry