Snow Pusher Build

/ Snow Pusher Build #1  

massey184ferguson

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 184-4
I am in the early design stages of making a 8' snow pusher for the front of my tractor. Going to make it quick attach for the bucket, like the ones you see in commercial parking lots that you just slip the bucket into. When I go to the metal shop to get the steel, what do I give them for measurements for the rolled piece for the back? What is a good depth for a plow?

/ Snow Pusher Build #2  
Is it going to be a plow or a box pusher? If pusher, I would think with only an eight foot width that 16-18 inches deep should be fine. Are you going with a rubber cutting edge?

/ Snow Pusher Build #3  
Subscribed...
This is something Id like to build myself.

As to what to ask for, I suggest you call the shop and see what they have. Locally I can get pre-rolled plow moldboards that are about 18" high and up to 72"? long, made from 10ga steel. $75 bucks for the 48" I think? At the beginning of fall they set up and roll a bunch in several sizes. Keeps the cost down.

Its way cheaper than a custom piece. The shop charges $60/hr for setup. There is 2 setups, shear and roll. You could almost have as much in labour for a custom before even buying stock vs. buying ready made.

/ Snow Pusher Build #4  
Is it going to be a plow or a box pusher? If pusher, I would think with only an eight foot width that 16-18 inches deep should be fine. Are you going with a rubber cutting edge?

Subscribed as well

16" sounds pretty shallow to me? the commercial ones I have seen seem to be more like 24-30"?

From pro-tech website for SS pusher :
Moldboard: 40"
Sideplate: 40" x 52"

/ Snow Pusher Build #5  
Just took a look at the Snow Dogg pusher site. Their pushers for compacts are 28" high. That seems a reasonable height? Might be some good info there for anybody building their own. ScoopDogg Snow Pushers - Compacts

The more I think about it the more I think the blade on my ATV that I built is taller than 18", I bet it's closer to 24-28.

/ Snow Pusher Build #6  
30-32" would be a minimum for me, [we get alot of snow] My plow for my truck is 30" tall and my 8' pusher is 30" tall. Seems to be a good height. I had a 24" snowplow and my superduty would easily outpush it, snow on the hood and everywhere else. CJ