GC2300 Joy stick leak

/ GC2300 Joy stick leak #1  

deansailer

After tractor has been sitting for several days, hydro fluid is collecting in the cap covering the piston that allows the bucket to tilt. There is resistance felt when moving the joy stick left untill the fluid oozes out from around the cap then everything is ok till the next time tractor is used. Do seals need replacing? or something else?

/ GC2300 Joy stick leak #2  
Actually there's no o-ring at that end.There's a sort of felt packing right against the control valve.There's also a washer with a flange on it that goes against the packing.What I've done to mine was to dig out the felt with a small screw driver or something similar.Once the packing is out you can put a o-ring into the spot were the packing used to be.Not sure of the o-ring size I just went to the hardware store and picked up a few that I figured would work.You'll see once you get at it as to whats involved.Its not that bad to do at all.The upper end near the joystick has a internal o-ring so if u want to change that one you need to be prepared to loose a bit of oil as you need to slide the shaft out the bottom in order to beable to get to the upper o-ring.Hope this makes sense.Larry