Mahindra. EnglishMetric? or a combination?

/ Mahindra. EnglishMetric? or a combination? #1  

HogJawHoller

Tractor
Mahindra 5035HST
Hello! New guy here. Im a new owner of a 5035HT. Are the grease fittings metric or english? My service manager at my local dealer can't seem to answer the question! Also, I just changed the oil for my 50hr service, and it seems that the oil drain plugs are 13/16"??? Also, the cheap little tool kit included with the tractor has a combination of english and metric wrenches. One last thing, I am going to try to change the hyrdraulic fluid and filters this weekend. Any good tips? Thanks again, matt

/ Mahindra. EnglishMetric? or a combination? #2  
Let me know how it goes as I have a 5035HST too. I found with my 3215 that is was mixture of both english and metric so I expect the same. Get a really good socket/wrench set, some mellow thoughts and have at it. You also might find that the fluid amounts might be a head scratcher. I use the metric amounts and found it to be much easier. If you find any short cuts or tricks please let us know.

/ Mahindra. EnglishMetric? or a combination? #3  
The fittings on the loader should be standard but on your tractor I cannot answer as I do not own a 5035. Although I have found that my 5530 uses metric fittings.

/ Mahindra. EnglishMetric? or a combination?
:dance1:Update on hydraulic fluid change. It went smoothly I guess. I didn't have the best drain bucket situation. I had several 2 gallon oil pans that I was planning to switch out as needed. Made a bit of a mess but got it done. I would reccomend removing the two screws to the shaft guard that nearly abuts the drain plug. This allows you to push guard up an inch or so to give you room to back drain plug out or get it started back in correctly. I decided to loosen th guard when I was having difficulty getting drain plug back and not cross threading it. I do have diffuctly reading the level on tranny dipstick. That clean oil is hard to see. I guess I did it all correctly, no leaks and hydraulics work ok?????
Oh yeah. One more thing. While attempting to get stuck oil filter off last week I discovered a black metal plate that was found lying in the area between oil filter and exhaust pile. Abiut 3"x4" curved metal with a single drilled hole for a bolt. I never kniwlingly moved it. I'll upload pick and see if someone can help me determine where it goes. I though maybe the side panels I removed utilized it, but I don't think say. It does have some red over spray paint on it. Any idea where it goes? I'll upload pic later. Thx

/ Mahindra. EnglishMetric? or a combination? #5  
There are actually three drain plugs [ with magnets ] for the 5035 HST. All three are painted red in the below photo, with an ' X ' on the front drive shaft shield that needs to be removed for total access to two of the plugs. Sorry about the wierd camera angle..... :) [ If you need a wrench to remove the two oil pan drain plugs you can get a big 1 1/8" X 1 1/2" trailer ball wrench at the Wally for less than $10.. , could not get a socket on mine. ]

image.jpgWow. Thanks Jerry! I'll think I saw one those other plugs but couldn't get it loose. I'll try to get all three next time

Any idea where/what this piece is?

/ Mahindra. EnglishMetric? or a combination? #8  
I would bet that it was a cover piece for when the thing went thru a paint booth at the factory that fell down when it was removed... [ but that's all you get for your 2 cents.... :) ] You don't need to remove all those other plugs to drain, but you should clean off the magnets next time....