tl80 loader tilt is ssssslllllllooooooowwwww.

/ tl80 loader tilt is ssssslllllllooooooowwwww. #1  

bigwhitehd

Hi guys. Got a question. I have a 2004 NH tl80 with a quicke loader. The loader has the older 3rd function where you hit the button on the joystick then tilt side to side to operate the 3rd function. I have never used the 3rd function, but the tilt is slow one way on the tractor, dumping. I just got the tractor back from the dealer (1000hr service) and they installed a new joystick and cables. The bucket takes 12 secs to tilt (dump) and 8 secs to return. This is at 2200rpm. You can hear squealing when you dump and nothing when you tilt back. Also the lines near the quick disconnects move slightly when dumping but not so much when retracting. Any idea's?

/ tl80 loader tilt is ssssslllllllooooooowwwww. #2  
any time you have a hyd device that uses QD's and suddenly you find it moving slow and hear squaeling.. reseat the qd's. a squal can be a relief.

if that is not it.. check for a restrictor orifice.. they make 2 and 1 way ..

post back.

/ tl80 loader tilt is ssssslllllllooooooowwwww. #3  
Any chance some some of the joystick installation got a little off track?

/ tl80 loader tilt is ssssslllllllooooooowwwww. #4  
Any chance some some of the joystick installation got a little off track?

Absolutely. The bucket curcuit cable sheath on the valve end may have slipped in its clamp; effectively changing the length of the cable and effecting spool travel.
Call the dealer and MAKE them get it working correctly. It is all but certain to be on them if the cycle times were correct when it went in.

/ tl80 loader tilt is ssssslllllllooooooowwwww.
Absolutely. The bucket curcuit cable sheath on the valve end may have slipped in its clamp; effectively changing the length of the cable and effecting spool travel.
Call the dealer and MAKE them get it working correctly. It is all but certain to be on them if the cycle times were correct when it went in.

it went to the dealer for the problem, the problem i thought was the joystick/cables. They replaced the joystick and the cables and everything is tight now. Like it suppose to be. I can hear the squealing at the qd where all 4 of them plug in.

I have reset both the bucket curl qd's and followed them to the front where they first enter the 3rd fuction valve near the bucket. Then one set branches off to the bucket cylinders and the other set goes to the qd's for the 3rd function.

You can hear it squeal and the line jerk when you try and curl the bucket. Would i be ahead to take all the fittings/qd apart?

/ tl80 loader tilt is ssssslllllllooooooowwwww. #6  
can't hurt!

/ tl80 loader tilt is ssssslllllllooooooowwwww. #7  
it went to the dealer for the problem, the problem i thought was the joystick/cables. They replaced the joystick and the cables and everything is tight now. Like it suppose to be. I can hear the squealing at the qd where all 4 of them plug in.

I have reset both the bucket curl qd's and followed them to the front where they first enter the 3rd fuction valve near the bucket. Then one set branches off to the bucket cylinders and the other set goes to the qd's for the 3rd function.

You can hear it squeal and the line jerk when you try and curl the bucket. Would i be ahead to take all the fittings/qd apart?

Seems that the electric diverter is partially shifted and restricting flow to the bucket circuit.

/ tl80 loader tilt is ssssslllllllooooooowwwww. #8  
Was there a problem before the tractor went to the dealer?:)

/ tl80 loader tilt is ssssslllllllooooooowwwww.
yes there was a problem. It was painfully slow because the joystick was shot. Had so much play that you couldnt move the cable enough to get full dump. It has improved.

I took apart the qd and all the fittings. It does a have a fitting with a small orifice (looks like a jet on a small carb) above the female qd. Could this be what i am hearing? This is the same line that jerks when i dump the bucket.

Also i am not sure if it has regeneration on bucket curl. It does not feel like my kubota's where you fell a detent when you push far enough to the right. But i put everything back together and with a semi full bucket of wet snow it does dump a little faster. Best i can figure is about 3 seconds slower dumping then curling.