BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning......

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #1  

Jabroni

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I took a video this morning of the 2750D snowthrower in action. Amazing accessory which has greatly shortened the time spent outside with the walk behind....
Kubota 2750D Snowthrower - YouTube

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #2  
Nice tractor setup! Your video makes me appreciate the local temperature of 39° F a little more.

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #3  
   / BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #4  
Wouldn't it be better to gear down and feed the snow into the blower at the rate it can handle it? If the engine is lugging down you are trying to do it at too high a speed and are off the torque curve of your engine. Of course your not going to get two feet of snow very often so will probably never get enough practice time to work out what works best. Work safe and have fun.

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #5  
Looks like fun to me.

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #6  
Got the same setup as you: BX24, 2750D, Maine also had ~ 24" snow. From your video I have a couple of comments.

First, your throttle is way too low.The 2750 is designed for a mid-PTO speed of 2500, Your owner's manual state this is achieved at 3125 engine RPM. You'll be amazed at the difference in power. In fact, mine never lugs and I take one pass.

From your video it looks like you are in high range. Switch to low and it's easier to get the proper blowing speed.

For me, first pass is a full width pass, in low range, at proper rpm. I go slow since it's usually the tractors first work since starting. So go nice and slow.

For the next and all other passes (in deep snow), I take 1/2-full width passes depending on snow depth, density, etc. at full low-range speed, with blower in float so it scrapes right down to black.

Try it, you''ll like it ;^)

I think that the manual also say to stop the PTO before lifting the blower. I don't but I avoid lifting but barely off the ground to avoid issues with shaft geometry and binding.

Nice BX! Looks just like mine hahaha

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning......
Got the same setup as you: BX24, 2750D, Maine also had ~ 24" snow. From your video I have a couple of comments.......

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, I was running it around 2700 RPM. I'll push it higher the next time. I was running in the low range though and in 4WD. What I didn't show you, but what is on another YouTube video I posted later was I run chains on the rear turf tires. Adding them this year made a huge difference in traction and my driveway shows no adverse signs from running them.

The snow was higher than the mouth of the snowthrower, so I made my first pass high, than again low right on the driveway. Successive passes were mde in a similar fashion but I utilized only 2/3 of the width of the snowthrower and on float very similar to what you're describing.

My wife praises me for all the hard work in clearing the snow. But really.... I was having a great time! Shhh!! Don't tell her. I'm still reaping the benefits...

Just as I was finishing up, I caught a small pebble between the impeller and the housing and got wedged in, breaking the impeller's shear pin. I'm stopping at the dealer today to pick up three more just in case.

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #8  
Jabroni,

Enjoy. I missed out this time around only about 8". I got about 32" on 2/4. Keep a handfull of those pins JIC cheap insurance.

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning...... #9  
Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, I was running it around 2700 RPM. I'll push it higher the next time. I was running in the low range though and in 4WD. What I didn't show you, but what is on another YouTube video I posted later was I run chains on the rear turf tires. Adding them this year made a huge difference in traction and my driveway shows no adverse signs from running them.

The snow was higher than the mouth of the snowthrower, so I made my first pass high, than again low right on the driveway. Successive passes were mde in a similar fashion but I utilized only 2/3 of the width of the snowthrower and on float very similar to what you're describing.

My wife praises me for all the hard work in clearing the snow. But really.... I was having a great time! Shhh!! Don't tell her. I'm still reaping the benefits...

Just as I was finishing up, I caught a small pebble between the impeller and the housing and got wedged in, breaking the impeller's shear pin. I'm stopping at the dealer today to pick up three more just in case.
You don't have to keep it a secret from her. Trust an old married guy. She "Knows" and doesn't care as long as you get the drive cleared and don't hurt yourself doing it.

/ BX24 and BX2750D in 27" of powder this morning......
Geez dude, I would think most would recognize my comment as just a little humor. What's with the need to criticize everything? I've been married for 41 years. Is that ok, or do you have some problem with that too?

gsmaneeley: I stopped at my dealer tonight and picked up a half dozen of each shear bolt at four bucks each.