Pasture rennovation- Which Aerator

/ Pasture rennovation- Which Aerator #1  

Newholster

Tractor
Kubota 7040
I have looked at Aerway, Land Pride Aerator, and a Texas company: Armstrong Ag which also makes an aerator. Because of horsepower limiations ( 70HP) and soil, I have elected to look at a 8ft Aerator. I have seen the Aerway in operation and it is impressive. The land pride is less expensive and the dealer (handles both aerators) told me the tines are the same as the Aerway and/or interchangeable. The Armstrong Ag machine is also heavy duty and less costly, but the tines look a little different ( in shape). Has anyone had expierence with the Armstrong aerator or Land pride aerator?

thanks--

/ Pasture rennovation- Which Aerator #2  
Also check out Hay King in Central Texas: K&M Mfg. Product 3

I use the C-4 with my JD 3520 and have barely enough HP and weight to pull it through my clay soil at max depth. Apparently, the shape of the curved shank is more efficient moving through the soil vs. a straight shank.

- Spindifferent

/ Pasture rennovation- Which Aerator #3  
We are a Hayking dealer. If you need anything, just let us know. Ken Sweet

/ Pasture rennovation- Which Aerator #4  
Have you thought about using an offset disc set so the blades cut a straight line (no angle)? It is not a plugger by any means but will open up the ground to quite a depth without actually turning it over. You can crosshatch it for improved aeration.

Just another option and a cheap one at that.

/ Pasture rennovation- Which Aerator
Thanks for the comments. I have a hay king, but was looking at the aerators because they appear not to open up the ground to drying as much as the hay king type renovators. It has been dry in this area, so that is important consideration.

Jim

/ Pasture rennovation- Which Aerator #7  
Have you thought about using an offset disc set so the blades cut a straight line (no angle)? It is not a plugger by any means but will open up the ground to quite a depth without actually turning it over. You can crosshatch it for improved aeration.

Just another option and a cheap one at that.

I'm curious about this statement as I have been contemplating aeration equipment lately myself.... mainly the Hay King C4. But I've always wondered about the use of existing disc and doing just this setting them inline or maybe even the slightest offset to open the ground just a little. I know it doesn't have the shank for deepr penetration but would running over a pasture with just a disc improve water and fertilizer penetration at all? I can do this for cost of diesel right now versus $$$$ for implement.

/ Pasture rennovation- Which Aerator #8  
I'm curious about this statement as I have been contemplating aeration equipment lately myself.... mainly the Hay King C4. But I've always wondered about the use of existing disc and doing just this setting them inline or maybe even the slightest offset to open the ground just a little. I know it doesn't have the shank for deepr penetration but would running over a pasture with just a disc improve water and fertilizer penetration at all? I can do this for cost of diesel right now versus $$$$ for implement.

Try it - at least in a small test area. You just might like it. The ground should be somewhat damp or the blades will run across it like a wheel without much penetration.

The natural curve of the disc blade will open up the ground enough. No need to offset - IMO, of course. Water and fertilizer will be able to reach the root level and much less runoff will occur. As mentioned before, crosshatching will improve the aeration to about 8" squares if that is the width of the blades..

Oh, and since there is little resistance it doesn't take much diesel to do the job.