Two Wheel Valpadana Tractor with Lombardini Petrol Motor

/ Two Wheel Valpadana Tractor with Lombardini Petrol Motor #1  

Val Padana

Tractor
Valpadana
Hi All,

I have a two wheel Valpadana tractor with three attachments which seems to be rather rare although apparently many were used worldwide several decades ago.

TractorSlasher.jpg

It is working brilliantly and is proving to be extremely useful on a rural property in New South Wales Australia.

Have done a lot of searching on the Internet for any information without much success so far but did get a reply from another Valpadana owner in Australia so there's at least one other of these around ! A local company said they may be able to give me some info but wanted the actual Model Number. I have looked over and under but cannot find any such details apart from the engine number.

Anyway have some more pics and the story of the tractor here - Valpadana Two Wheel Tractor

Hoping someone can tell me more about this lovely little machine.

Jeff

/ Two Wheel Valpadana Tractor with Lombardini Petrol Motor #2  
That is a nice looking Valpadana Jeff.

In the states they were imported by Mainline company which had previously imported the BCS brand of two wheel tractors as well as other equipment. They were not cheap but look to be well made and useful. I have an older valpadana model with the 3ld510 engine equipped with a 38" rotary hoe. Very useful for our Organic vegetable farming.

Jim

/ Two Wheel Valpadana Tractor with Lombardini Petrol Motor #3  
Maybe a Blitz 70, the 80 has two piece adjustable wheels. Good looking machine.

Edit: I see that yours has individual wheel brakes and after looking some more, looks like the Blitz 80 is the one that has brakes. I enjoyed your pictures and story, thanks.

Last edited:
   / Two Wheel Valpadana Tractor with Lombardini Petrol Motor #4  
I have the same rotary and sickle bar mower attachments. I bought them thinking that I could use them on my BCS but they have a different hitch and drive shaft. They say S.E.P. on them, I understand that Mainline imported them back in the 70's and 80's. The rotary mower has never been used. It has some surface rust from sitting, but otherwise is new. I am looking to sell them if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 100_2543.JPG
    100_2543.JPG
    803.3 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 100_2544.JPG
    100_2544.JPG
    384.1 KB · Views: 592
   / Two Wheel Valpadana Tractor with Lombardini Petrol Motor
Thanks for the helpful information folks.

Yes jd4310man, that's the same mower and sickle - I'm drooling over your beautiful " new " mower, but have you noticed the weight of those things ? Wouldn't be worthwhile paying for postage halfway around the world and mine is working well enough with a bit of ally plate tied to the back to stop projectiles busting off my legs. You have saved me from asking whether other more easily available attachments will fit onto my PTO.

What concerns me most is if the clutch wears out. Because the terrain is often steep and always rocky I'm often using the clutch and having to back up. Have also had it on its side a few times when one wheel has decided to climb up a tree trunk. If working on flat paddocks it seems like it would run forever. I will endeavour to seek some info from Mainline.

From trawling around old postings on TractorByNet it seems a gent called "Joel" may know something about Valpadanas - yes, no ? If yes can anyone supply an email link please.

Jeff

/ Two Wheel Valpadana Tractor with Lombardini Petrol Motor #6  
I agree on the postage being to high. I dont think Mainline is in business anymore as the owner has since passed away. "Joel" is the owner of Earth Tools, Kentucky. He is an authority on the two wheel tractor hear in the states. He doesn't have an email that im aware of, you have to call him on the phone (502) 484-3988.

Ross: