Best Ag Hydraulic couplers?

/ Best Ag Hydraulic couplers? #1  

teampryor

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615L
I have aux. couplers on my loader and at 250 hrs (six months) of moderate usage and frequent changeovers my couplers drip constantly. I have cleaned, a few times now, but they continue to leak.So I am looking to replace them. I have 1/2" lines with male threads, whats the best rated? Best value? best quality couplers? or should I be using flat face couplers?

/ Best Ag Hydraulic couplers? #2  
I dunno but I just bought flush face couplers because I know I can get them anywhere without an issue. They are pretty much one hand push to connect, have a locking collar that you can twist so they cant come apart on accident. They seal off really well too when you disconnect them. I figured there must have been a reason they are used on skid steers. They arent cheap however.

/ Best Ag Hydraulic couplers? #3  
Changing couplers can be an expensive solution??

Dont know what couplers you have but most couplers are serviceable !!

In the female coupler half there will be a sealing o ring and possibly a teflon backup ring, these are usually easily serviced for a few cents, a photo would help + any writing from the coupler body and i could advise further!!

Last edited:
   / Best Ag Hydraulic couplers? #4  
I replaced some of my o-rings with #211 McMaster part 90025K335 double seal o-rings.
McMaster-Carr
I use 1/2" Pioneer style couplers. TSC has a decent price on a Pioneer brand breakaway male-female set. The ones that leaked connect to my backhoe and tend to want to swivel under pressure when I swing. It would tear up the standard o-rings every time but the double seals are holding so far.