I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #1  

Douglas733

Tractor
Ford 9N, Ford 640, Stihl Farm Boss,
I was hauling logs today and bumped the front end against a big log and the radiator came back on the fan blade and it just bit it all up...What to do? There is water leaking out all over. I was just wandering if you would have it rebuilt or replace it.

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #2  
Sounds like a replacement is in the works, They're a little pricey but you can mail order it and it shows up at the front door..

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #3  
We' re brothers. We're gonna do a lot of dumb stuff together...Tommy Boy.

I've done worse.

You will want to replace the radiator and check the fan blades. If they are distorted, you may need to replace the fan as well.

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #4  
IMO, I'd price one online and then bring a printout with you to a local radiator shop and show them the old one. compare prices and if they are higher, show them the printout and decide from there. Chances are they might think its rebuildable instead of needing a replacement.

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #5  
It depends on what you are getting from mail order, is it solid brass top, bottom and core or new fangled plastic tops and bottoms with aluminum core. A good radiator shop can rebuild it to original specs using your top and bottom if they are not damaged and a new brass core so it looks original. Not cheap though. I had one rebuilt for my JD 332 diesel lawn mower to the tune of $250 but still that was half the price of new JD parts.

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #6  
Now before you put that new radiator on, build or buy a front bumper/radiator protector for that tractor.

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #7  
also checkt he water pump and fan.. and time to change hoses and thermostat.. repair that front tin and rad mounts if needed.

recore or repalce the rad..

and DO add a bumper.. :)

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N
yes sir --- I have already cursed myself soundly for not already having that....
Now before you put that new radiator on, build or buy a front bumper/radiator protector for that tractor.

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N
So...a new radiator...but the upside is that I found the coolest old tractor shop, I guess back in the day he was a Ford dealer and then the old man died and now his son runs a massive ford parts house for old Ford tractors...he has a implement bone yard out back with about 100 different old implements. I mean this place is really cool.

/ I did a very dumb thing today on my 9N #10  
nice find!