Batwing for JD 5083e?

/ Batwing for JD 5083e? #1  

jjswag

Tractor
None
Getting close to my tractor purchase and want to know if anyone is using the mx15 with the 5083e?
My JD dealer states that the largest cutter recommended for the 5083e is the mx10 pull type which is hard to believe. Is anyone using a 15' cutter by another manufacturer with this tractor?

Thanks!

/ Batwing for JD 5083e? #2  
i pull a 15 foot bush hog cutter with a jd 5510.it handles it good.a 5510 is a older model tractor the same physical size , but with 10 more pto horsepower.if you have hills,get rear wheel and front weights.a 5083 should be big enough .you will have to slow down if the grass is thick.

/ Batwing for JD 5083e?
Thanks cowski......our new property is all flat and I will just be keeping the light pastures mowed and and will soon have some cattle. I was also looking at a mahindra 8560, but the dealer says that the mahindra 6010hst or 6110 shuttle would be perfect. They say these tractors will handle a 15' batwing and move round bales with no problem.

/ Batwing for JD 5083e? #4  
Bat wings are overrated unless you are mowing LOTS of acreage. You need at least 100 pto hp to pull one. Get a Deere HX-10 for less than half the money. That's what I use. I used to have a bat wing but I'm glad it's gone.

/ Batwing for JD 5083e?
Bat wings are overrated unless you are mowing LOTS of acreage. You need at least 100 pto hp to pull one. Get a Deere HX-10 for less than half the money. That's what I use. I used to have a bat wing but I'm glad it's gone.
I'll be mowing 70 acres, but only 25 acres at a time.

/ Batwing for JD 5083e? #6  
I don't agree that you need 100 PTO HP for a batwing.

I just bought a used 15' Rhino to use with my 84 PTO HP tractor. I've mowed some half way steep ground, no problems with power or weight.

I have also mowed some extremely steep and rough places that required a 100 PTO HP tractor for a 10' cutter, for both weight and power.

Since you're just clipping pasture I feel that a 15' would work well with that tractor.

I will agree that new they are twice the cost of a 10' unit.

/ Batwing for JD 5083e? #7  
They mow the field grass at work with a kubota m9540 85ish pto hp and what looks to be a 15foot batwing on hills without any problems. they maintain hundreds of acres. They also have a bigger NH 6000 series. I think they probably mow 40 hours a week in the spring and fall. The facility is several thousand acres. The grass does not usually get over knee high

/ Batwing for JD 5083e? #8  
Check out my "bush hogging pictures" in my signature if you want to see some "hills". lol

/ Batwing for JD 5083e? #9  
Hi You should be fine , like others have said u might add some weights to the tires (fluid ,or bolt on ) .But if your ground is not real steep and the grass etc is not too heavy , u should be able eat any thing you run over. I was going to buy a John Deere HX 15 then decieded on the MX 15, after looking at my ground and knowing the ground from past mowing , and the filth (heavy) I went with a John Deere HX10 pull type . I like it , its not 15ft but the ground Im mowing is not level ,far from it and not smooth.Im pulling it with a John Deere 5093e with FEL . Every once in awhile I wish I would have bought th 15 ft ! But the 10 ft does the job and I know Ive got enough tractor to do what i want, and like they say it was half the $$$$$$! just my 0.02cts have a good one!

/ Batwing for JD 5083e?
Hi You should be fine , like others have said u might add some weights to the tires (fluid ,or bolt on ) .But if your ground is not real steep and the grass etc is not too heavy , u should be able eat any thing you run over. I was going to buy a John Deere HX 15 then decieded on the MX 15, after looking at my ground and knowing the ground from past mowing , and the filth (heavy) I went with a John Deere HX10 pull type . I like it , its not 15ft but the ground Im mowing is not level ,far from it and not smooth.Im pulling it with a John Deere 5093e with FEL . Every once in awhile I wish I would have bought th 15 ft ! But the 10 ft does the job and I know Ive got enough tractor to do what i want, and like they say it was half the $$$$$$! just my 0.02cts have a good one!

Thanks for the information....How do you like the 5093e...would you buy it again?