Looking at TX gator

/ Looking at TX gator #1  

cat2

Bronze Member
Very interested in a gator near me, its a 2007 TX 4x2. It has 528 hours. Dealer said an older guy had it, used it around the house. It looks real nice, no scratches, dents or anything. Is there anything I should look for? One think I noticed, I think it should start better than it does, and when its running I can pull the choke out and it takes 5 seconds or so before it starts missing, shouldn't it start right when I pull the choke? To me it seems like its not choking like it should.

/ Looking at TX gator #2  
Well it could be running lean... Does it hesitate at all when you get on the gas? Does it accelerate better by opening and closing the choke fast?

/ Looking at TX gator
Well it could be running lean... Does it hesitate at all when you get on the gas? Does it accelerate better by opening and closing the choke fast?

It will hesitate a tad, but its not bad at all. I never tried it opening and closing the choke fast while accelerating

/ Looking at TX gator #4  
cat2 said:
It will hesitate a tad, but its not bad at all. I never tried it opening and closing the choke fast while accelerating

Hmm I have a club car xrt 1550 with a 20 horse Honda v-twin and it hesitates bad and even worse cold. Closing and opening the choke makes it respond instantly. I also has a hard time starting and running in the cold. I wouldn't worry about it my self, I haven't gotten around to fiddling around with the carb on mine...it's been like that for years. Maybe it's something as simple as a partially clogged fuel filter. If you can have the dealer check it out but it defiantly sounds like a solid machine. Maybe some other members are around?