Buying Advice Max 25 Hst/Max 28 Hst

/ Max 25 Hst/Max 28 Hst #1  

cat 297c

Gold Member
Tractor
Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140
I'm debating between the max 25 hst and the max 28 hst. I would be adding a loader an belly mower to which ever one I decide to go with, it will mainly take the place of my dixie chopper zero turn that's on it's last leg. It will mainly cut grass but with the loader an 3 point hitch it will be alot more versatile than the chopper when not cutting the yard. Does anyone recommend one over the other? I like the ground clearance of the 28 for loader work and discing. Does anyone know how the belly mower does cutting, is it a descent cut or rough looking? Has anyone had any major problems with the tractors, I've always been a deere man but there newer model tractors are all plastic there shouldn't be any plastic on a tractor in my opinion. Any advice on this tractors would but greatly appreciated.

/ Max 25 Hst/Max 28 Hst #2  
I think either one will be a great choice... I favor one only because my company builds the loader for it here in the US. :)

/ Max 25 Hst/Max 28 Hst #3  
Max 28 is a small yet strong CUT suitable for small farms and fields with te larger tires and capacities. Max 25 is a sort of large SCUT, and will be nice yard machine where low CG and tight turns are required over relatively smooth ground.
Ground engagement go with larger machine. General work either will do

/ Max 25 Hst/Max 28 Hst #4  
The Max25 is a little lighter and comes standard with the mid-PTO, so arguably a little better mowing tractor and less money. The Max28 has tilt wheel and a little more room in the operators area and the loader lifts more, so a little better in theory for loader work.

I'd sit on both and drive them both and see if either of them feel better to you.

/ Max 25 Hst/Max 28 Hst
Thanks y'all

/ Max 25 Hst/Max 28 Hst #6  
I have a CD owners manual if you would like me to send it your way that the dealer was kind enough to send me.

/ Max 25 Hst/Max 28 Hst #7  
What model do you have the cd for?

/ Max 25 Hst/Max 28 Hst #8  
cat 297c said:
I'm debating between the max 25 hst and the max 28 hst. I would be adding a loader an belly mower to which ever one I decide to go with, it will mainly take the place of my dixie chopper zero turn that's on it's last leg. It will mainly cut grass but with the loader an 3 point hitch it will be alot more versatile than the chopper when not cutting the yard. Does anyone recommend one over the other? I like the ground clearance of the 28 for loader work and discing. Does anyone know how the belly mower does cutting, is it a descent cut or rough looking? Has anyone had any major problems with the tractors, I've always been a deere man but there newer model tractors are all plastic there shouldn't be any plastic on a tractor in my opinion. Any advice on this tractors would but greatly appreciated.

Do a search on YouTube, for max 28 and max 25 and you will SEE what these amazing machines can do. There is a video of the max 28 with bellymower cutting grass, too.

My property would dictate the use of something smaller than the max 25, but my projects would like something larger than the max28. I opted for the max 28 due to much ground engagement projects, and heavy lifting requirements. I went with a rear finish mower, and have found the setup very maneuverable, even in the many tight places I have to mow. I also got the heavy duty pallet forks that mount front or rear, and they do amazing work, too.

I also liked the roomier operator area and higher ground clearance. Mahindra also has a wider stance than competitors, and any slope has reminded me of that advantage, as well.

Happy choosing. No wrong choice between them.

Both machines are amazing, IMO.