Cab x738 Need more info

/ Cab x738 Need more info #1  

jbgood

Tractor
2013 JD X738
Need a little more info if anyone can help ? Soft sided cab with a hard roof : Does anybody Remove these during the summer season ? I only want to use it in the winter. refering to a X728 now 38, size tractor. How much trouble is it ?

/ Cab x738 Need more info #2  
I took the cabs off every spring of my 455's and X495's years ago but they were hard-sided ROPS cabs from Cozy. I took the doors off, unbolted everything, called 2 friends and we lifted it off by hand. It was more awkward than heavy. The entire process took me less than an hour.

/ Cab x738 Need more info #3  
I remove mine every spring. The initial installation took a full day, but now it takes me half a day when I'm alone. I use a pulley system to help out. Keep in mind that my cab is ROPS so I have to remove the one on the tractor first. It also have the electrical and hoses connection for the wiper, lights and the heather. Henri

DSCF6619.jpgDSCF6602.jpg

/ Cab x738 Need more info #4  
I have a 728 along with the same cab you have and remove it every spring...very simple, about 20 min. job. flip it upsidedown on a carpet covered pallet and done..............my question is will this same cab work on the new style tractor??????????

/ Cab x738 Need more info
Found out that the X738 / 2013 does not use the same cab as a X728 / 2012. The hood is slightly different and has a new style vent system for the radiator. A cab would block these air vents. My dealer is looking into this. My new tractor should be here towards the of the month. May have to wait for somebody to come up with a new style cab.