Comparison Bridgestone and Firestone 5-14 the same?

/ Bridgestone and Firestone 5-14 the same? #2  
The size itself is the factor to consider, not necessarily the manufacturer. Tire sizes are standardized throughout the industry although there may be minute differences from one manufacturer to the other but not enough to lose sleep over. For the record, Bridgestone is the parent company of Firestone. Both brand names are normally made on the same production line.

/ Bridgestone and Firestone 5-14 the same? #3  
May want to check the ply rating on your current tires or the Bridgestone listed in Yanmar manual. If you have a FEL a 4 ply R1 is pretty wimpy sidewall. I think it should be at least 6 ply for FEL use. No FEL then it doesn't matter much.

/ Bridgestone and Firestone 5-14 the same? #4  
May want to check the ply rating on your current tires or the Bridgestone listed in Yanmar manual. If you have a FEL a 4 ply R1 is pretty wimpy sidewall. I think it should be at least 6 ply for FEL use. No FEL then it doesn't matter much.

I wish him luck finding 6 ply fronts . I couldn't find them for mine ( local tire shop).I was only able to find 6 ply for the rear

Last edited:
   / Bridgestone and Firestone 5-14 the same?
Yes, i agree i should match the size, especially since it is 4WD.
The tires that are on it are Bridgestone 5-14 4 ply. They were badly cracked when i got the tractor several years ago and i have been using them just fine with a FEL. Yesterday I went to use the tractor and one is flat and has a big chunk out of the sidewall with the tube exposed. So it is finally time.

Note i can search other sites for "Bridgestone 5-14" and "Firestone 5-14" and the same part number 344443 comes up, sometimes with Firestone on the header and sometimes with Bridgestone. So i just wanted to make sure the Firestone 344443 is as good a quality as the Bridgestone 344443. Note on that site it says "Second brand by Bridgestone, a high performance tire in the mid-price market." I don't know what "second brand" means. But i assume they wouldn't use the same part number if the tires were different.

I just copied this from two different websites - the specs look identical enough to me. So i guess i answered my own question.

Firestone 344443
TIRE SIZE: 5/14
TIRE WIDTH: 5 in.
PLY: 4
MAX LOAD (SINGLE): 550 lb.
OVERALL DIAMETER: 23.8 in.
SIDEWALL: BSW
RIM SIZE: 14 in.
RIM WIDTH (STANDARD): 4 in.
STATIC LOADED RADIUS: 11.3 in.
REVs PER MILE: 880
BAR HEIGHT: 1 in.
BAR HEIGHT INDEX: 32
CONSTRUCTION: Bias
OVERALL WIDTH: 5 in.
WARRANTY: Limited

Bridgestone 344443
TIRE SIZE: 5/14
TIRE WIDTH: 5 in.
PLY: 4
MAX LOAD (SINGLE): 550 lb.
OVERALL DIAMETER: 23.8 in.
RIM SIZE: 14 in.
RIM WIDTH (STANDARD): 4 in.
STATIC LOADED RADIUS: 11.3 in.
BAR HEIGHT: 1 in.
BAR HEIGHT INDEX: 32
OVERALL WIDTH: 5 in.
SERVICE TYPE:
TUBELESS: No
WARRANTY: Limited

/ Bridgestone and Firestone 5-14 the same? #6  
Seems to me that Static Loaded Radius in particular, plus Diameter, in those specs are the evidence you need to verify the right size.

Slightly related - I learned that 5-12 R1 fronts are NOT the same as 5.00 x 12. The latter size is easier to find in the US but it is considerably taller.

/ Bridgestone and Firestone 5-14 the same? #7  
Yep the size will be the same even if you find it in some name you have never heard of at say tractor supply or something. And like others have pointed out brigstone and firestone are the same tire company??