Going to change Hydraulic Fluid on Allis Chalmers B. What tool removes the plug......

/ Going to change Hydraulic Fluid on Allis Chalmers B. What tool removes the plug...... #1  

AC orange

Tractor
Allis Chalmers B
Going to change Hydraulic Fluid on Allis Chalmers B. What tool removes the plug............The plug to add fluid is an outty (Male) plug. The drain plugs are square inny (Female) plugs. Is there a special wrench or will a socket wrench do the trick?

/ Going to change Hydraulic Fluid on Allis Chalmers B. What tool removes the plug...... #2  
The outty's should be close the 5/8". So either an open end wrench, or an 8 point socket, if you prefer to use a ratchet, or breaker bar/flex handle if they are tight. And 8 point socket is less likely to round off the corners.

As for the inny's, depending on plug size, usually a 3/8" or 1/2" hole. A short extension on a ratchet, or flex handle will save some skinned knuckles. You may need to do some digging with an appropiate tool to get the holes nice an clean to get in full depth.

/ Going to change Hydraulic Fluid on Allis Chalmers B. What tool removes the plug......
Thanks, that is what I was hoping. Tired of buying tools......

/ Going to change Hydraulic Fluid on Allis Chalmers B. What tool removes the plug...... #4  
Not sure of the exact innies sizes,--BUT if the ole breaker bar fits too loose or too tight,---get a square bar and either grind some off to get snug square fit or weld a small bead or two then grind to fit!, no need to get fancy with it either! LOL!!!---I have some real odd sized/damaged innies out this way!---trust me it works!!! thanks; sonny580

/ Going to change Hydraulic Fluid on Allis Chalmers B. What tool removes the plug......
thanks for the info.

/ Going to change Hydraulic Fluid on Allis Chalmers B. What tool removes the plug...... #7  
good old extension on a socket works for me..