Ariens GT!16

/ Ariens GT!16 #1  

twoone

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1720
Looking for information about the Ariens GT16 lawn tractor : Just bought it and I cant get it started turn the key but nothing happens I know there are several safety switches but have no idea where they are located Also looking at the reverse valves for rolling it backward there down and do not move no matter if the lever is up or down yes battery is ok. Thank you for any help.

/ Ariens GT!16
thank's will ck that however wiring diagram nor manual does not show location of the safety switches any clues?

/ Ariens GT!16 #4  
switch under seat .... if you're not sitting in it , the unit won't start .

some have an interlock on the shifter lever ( must be in neutral to start )

the PTO switches must be pushed IN or it won't crank (circuit is broken by the rear connections on the switches )

depending on the model and accessories, you either follow the green wire or the purple wire on the PTO switches and find the last safety switch.

/ Ariens GT!16
Thank you for the tips and how to find the switches as their locations not shown on the wiring diagram. will advise as soon as I can ,and again thank you.

/ Ariens GT!16 #6  
I have an 13HP Ariens RM1332 Riding Mower, with some luck your tractor is setup the same. All the starter interlock circuits combine to a single wire connected to the Briggs. Unplugging this single wire defeats all the interlocks. When it don't want to start I first check the gas thank then disconnect this wire.

This single wire is also connected to the ignition switch which functions as a kill switch.

HTH

/ Ariens GT!16
I have an 13HP Ariens RM1332 Riding Mower, with some luck your tractor is setup the same. All the starter interlock circuits combine to a single wire connected to the Briggs. Unplugging this single wire defeats all the interlocks. When it don't want to start I first check the gas thank then disconnect this wire.

This single wire is also connected to the ignition switch which functions as a kill switch.

HTH

Thank's for the info What model B/S Eng. do you have my unit has a Kohler k341 Eng.

/ Ariens GT!16 #8  
It is a Diamond IC 13 HP I could get the actual number but I do not think that would help much. Kolher should have an electrical diagram for your engine but I did not see it with a quick search. That does not mean it isn't there.

/ Ariens GT!16 #9  
copy and paste this into your search engine

PM-931000.pdf

it will get the manual for 931000 tractors ... and the wiring diagrams .....

does your starter solenoid have 2 big wires and 2 small posts ? or 2 big wires and 1 small post? ( look under battery on the starter side )

how many PTO switches ( 1 or 2 ?)

/ Ariens GT!16 #10  
Have you tried the reset switch ? It looks like the interlock system disables the + to the ignition coil. Take a volt meter and see if you have battery voltage on the coil with the key on. If not you could remove the + wire and jumper it to the battery for testing.

Capture.PNG