53 jube

/ 53 jube #1  

Bill J 124

Tractor
Ford /Golden Jubilee
Bought a 53 golden jubilee that has been sitting for a few yrs. It has a few issures i'll fix them one @ a time. 1 st rear wheels have a lot of side to side play in them. I have IT 19 man, mst parts man, and owners manual. I just need to know where to start .

/ 53 jube #2  
start?

check motor condition.. if it looks like it's gonna run.. no windows. has good comp and oil pressure.. start working onthe rest.

rear has side-side play? hubs and axles. hopefully can get by with just new hubs. they are still pretty cheap. probaly 75$ now.. used to be 50.. etc..

do a complete fluid service.

engine.. i'd run 15w40.. spin on filter is a motorcraft fl1a / fram ph8a / supertech sta8 etc. napa 1452, 1515, etc.

cartridge is a napa 1004 or fram ch6pl

hyds trans and diffy CAN take all the same fluid, utf meeting m2c134 spec. 9 most house brand utf's meet this.. just check ).

or utf in the hyds.. and 80w90 in the trans and diffy.

air preather takes a half quart of crankcase oil, after you clean the media.

trans fil is by shifter.. plug on right side by running board near foot for level.

hyds fill under seat under left thigh.. has dipstick in round cover.. um.. right side.

diffy fill behind seat, under right but cheek.. etc. pipe plug in back of left axle trumpet....

do hubs before ya service her.. might need a pto seal too... easy to pull shaft.. 4 bolts.. just be gentle.. don't buger up the seal between hyds and diffy sump.. so when (if ) you re-stab it.. go easy and center it so you don't hog out the seal...

IF you split her for a clutch.. deffinately also put in a 3$ trans input shaft seal.. :) trans input shaft makes a good allign tool if they don't give you the 4$ plastic one with the clutch. if it has a sherman instead of a standard inpuit shaft.. it takes the same seal.. and makes a good tool.. :)

al 437 plugs.. gapped to .025 points to .025 avoid tisco if you can

here are some ignition #'s

NAPA HEAVY DUTY PIERCED (ventilated) #CS753
Standard Ignition #FD-8081
Standard Ignition Blue Streak #FD-8081X (Premium)
Condensor:
NAPA #FA66
Standard Ignition #FD-75
Standard Ignition Blue Streak #FD75X (Premium)
Rotor:
NAPA #FA67
Standard Ignition #FD-108
Distributor Cap:
NAPA #FA352
Standard Ignition #FD-128

side mount points hold down screws #8-32 X 3/16
FORD AUTOMOBILE dealer parts counter. come with built-in lockwasher. p/n 355047-S7 (#8-32 X 0.19)

/ 53 jube #3  
oh yeah.. get some cheap dex 3 / merc atf and soak the engine cyls in it.. will help loosen the rings up...

/ 53 jube #4  
SG, is all this in your head?:confused2:

/ 53 jube #5  
SG, is all this in your head?:confused2:

all that was... for sure, so stuff I reference in other posts I have to hit a manual for.. but the 'staple' stuff is all hardwired by now.. :)

/ 53 jube
Got it running last wkend had to rewire it, rebuild carb,clean rust out of gas tank, plugs,points condenser. compression 119 on 1 cyl. 120/121 on other three,started but motor keeps reving up without moving throtle.have to hold throtlef rod forard toward gov. Like I said few issures, just take them one @ time. Thanks SG for info. i didn't know i could find parts local, i have been ordering online. So Start with drums anything in particular to look for. I appreciate your help it's been quite a few yrs sence working on one.

Last edited:
   / 53 jube #7  
new drums will be cast.. older were steel.. rarely are they worn out. hubs are still pretty cheap.

check the friction disc and tension nut/spring onthe throttle bellcrank if the throttle is slipping